Forever and Always

Written by Glitterbaby2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-Tommy's POV-

Tommy rolled onto his side, wrapping an arm around the left side of the bed. His arm fell limply. His eyes fluttered open softly to stare into the emptiness of Adam's side of the bed.

He frowned and turned over onto his other side, only to be welcomed with the brightness of the alarm clock on his bedside table. He squinted, slowly pulling the warm bed sheets from his body and letting his bare feet meet the cool wooden floor.

He crept quietly out of the bedroom and into the hallway, running his hand against the wall as he cautiously went down the stairs.

"Adam?" He whispered, making his way through the silent darkness.

"Adam, are you down here?" Hearing no reply, he tiptoed into the kitchen, relying on the moonlight peeking through the window to keep him from bumping into anything.

"Adam?"

Hearing the television, he exited the kitchen, and made his way into the living room, a faint glow illuminating from the tv.

Adam was on the couch, softly sleeping, a thick blanket wrapped around his shoulders.

Tommy's lips curled into a small smile as he pulled the remote out of Adam's fingers and shut the tv off. He sat next to Adam on the spacious couch, careful not to wake him. He watched him as he slept, peace settled on Adam's still face, as a single tear rolled down his own.

Tommy sat in the darkness, softly wiping away the next tear and the next that rolled down his pale cheeks. He sat in the darkness for what felt like hours, before Adam stirred in his gentle slumber. He yawned and softly sat up. Surprise spread across his face when he saw Tommy sitting across from him.

"Tommy? What're you doing here? What time is it?"

"A little over 3:30."

He whispered, sniffing. "Wow. I must've passed out... Are you okay?"

Tommy stood up from his comfortable position on the couch and walked around the crowded coffee table. "Fine. Want any coffee?" He asked, creeping into the kitchen.

Adam hurried after him, grabbing his arm to stop him from going any further, "Tommy, what's wrong?" Tommy turned to face Adam, the moonlight lightening up the room enough for Adam to catch the dry tears on his boyfriend's face.

"H-Have you been crying?" He asked, softly brushing his thumb against Tommy's cheek.

"N-No..." He replied, turning his face away.

"Tommy. Talk to me." Tommy turned his face back towards Adam, his forehead creased in worry, his eyes sad. It broke his heart to see how worried Adam looked.

"I... I just don't know... if we're doing as good... as we thought..." He paused, staring down at his feet. "You, me ... Us."

Adam's face fell, breaking Tommy's heart even more.

"Wha-what do you mean?" Adam stuttered.

Tommy's eyes filled with tears, each one falling down his cheeks uncontrollably, "I mean ... you've been so... so busy, an- and ... distant. Believe me, I understand... I just- I miss you, Adam." He whispered, lowering his head as he broke out into sobs.

"Oh god, Tommy." He whispered, pressing Tommy's head into his chest.

"I'm so sorry. So sorry. I love you." He caressed Tommy's face, staring into his chocolate eyes. "I love you, Tommy. Never forget that. I'm sorry. I promise, it'll be different."