"Awesome! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but I can assure you, dinner will make you feel better. I think I did a good job this time! I'll be over in a few." He hung up.

In a panic, I began picking at the dried blood, trying to get it off, only making it bleed again. Luckily, the rest were still dried, not fresh blood. I couldn't even get it to stop bleeding before I heard a knock on my front door. Reluctantly, I got up and walked to the kitchen, keeping my head down in the hopes that he wouldn't see. I unlocked and opened the door for him.

"Hey!"

"Hey."

"What's wrong? You're not looking at me."

"Nothing. just tired."

He suspiciously hooked a finger below my chin, gently forcing my head up. His heart sank when he saw, gasping.

"Connor, Honey, what happened?" He dropped the Tupperware of food onto the table, pressing his other hand to my cheek, examining my injuries.

"It's nothing.."

"Connor, That's not nothing. What the hell happened to you?"

"It's not a big deal..."

"Not a big deal? Connor, you're covered in bruises-you have blood all over your face.. What happened?" He looked panicked and confused, on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"I-I was walking to your house, and that guy saw me... the one from the street.. And since 'you weren't there to protect me' he beat me up.. I'm okay, please don't worry. Just calm down, Sweetheart."

"What did he do?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I blacked out pretty early on..."

"Oh my god! Connor, why didn't you tell me?!"

"I didn't want you to worry."

"If you're out there, getting beaten, I have reason to worry! You fucking blacked out.."

"I'm okay, though. I survived."

"Yeah, but one of these days you may not."

"I-I think you're being a little dramatic"

"I don't think I am! I-I'm so glad you're okay, but what if one day that's not how it ends?"

"It's not gonna be like that.. it was an isolated incident. As long as I'm with you, I'm safe...."

"Where is he? I'll kill him!" He growled, grinding his teeth.

"Kevin, please don't yell."

"I'm sorry... I just- oh, he's a dead man."

"Don't do anything to him."

"How? I can't let this happen once is already too many times, h-he needs to pay."

"Just try to calm down.."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to stop him!"

"It's not your fault. It's his. And it's mine for letting him do that to me.. besides, I was on my way to your house, there was no way you could've been there."

He nodded and tightly hugged me. I winced in pain, squeezing my eyes shut.
He immediately let go, trying to pinpoint what hurt so badly.

"Connor, what'd he do to you?" He asked, in regards to my pain.

"He stepped on my shoulder. A-And he just kept pinning it to the ground, until it was pushed back."

"...Connor, that's really serious."