43: looking over the aftermath

Start from the beginning

Reborn almost didn't catch the dark glint within honey eyes, however he did.

'He knows something....'

"I'm not completely sure....."

The honey eyed boy trailed off as he rubbed his wrists uneasily.

"So you have an idea"

Tsuna reluctantly nodded in response.

"Yeah I have a vague idea......"

The brunette confirmed as he avoided eye contact.

"From your actions you're not ready to tell me.... I'll wait for answers if that's what you wish"

Reborn stated, wanting to earn more of the teen's trust and he also knew that he couldn't force anything out of him if he wanted him to co-operate.

'Tsuna is different from Dino, I can't just threaten to shoot him to get what I want...'

Tsuna let out a relieved breath at the tiny hitman's response.

"Thanks"

The brunette replied with a soft smile, onyx eyes then observed the brunette more closely.

"So how did it feel?"

Honey eyes flashed with confusion for a split second before understanding seemed to dawn upon him.

"Ah, at first, it was really warm, it felt so safe and gentle....."

The brunette started, a soft smile playing upon his lips at the memory.

'So it didn't harm him right away....'

"Then suddenly something within my chest tightened and then released, as if something snapped..... The warm feeling then turned hot..... I don't know how to describe it except that it felt as if I was being burned alive from the inside...."

Tsuna trailed off with a shiver.

"It hurt.... It hurt so much.... I could tell that my flames were not supposed to be leaving me... My body was trying to contain them but my flames were escaping..... And then I felt so weak..... I honestly thought that I was dying for a few moments before you started routing my flames...."

Tsuna finished with a grateful smile, the hitman nodded, intrigued that the teen had realized what he had done.

'Not many people would have noticed that... Most would have been too consumed by the pain to register anything except the pain....'

"Hmmm how does your body feel now?"

Honey eyes narrowed slightly in thought at the hitman's question.

"Mmm I'd say that I feel perfectly fine, I guess whatever damage that happened has already healed"

The honey eyed brunette replied.

"You're quite lucky to have such freakish self healing powers"

Reborn stated with a smirk as he flicked up his fedora.

A small pout made its way into the teen's lips as he crossed his arms.

"It's not freakish, it's special"

Tsuna whined with mock hurt before coughing.

'Seems as if he's continuing to open up to me more than before.....'

*

"Tsu-kun and Reborn are late..."

Nana sighed as she served Ie his meal which consisted of steak and mashed potatoes.

Ie shrugged as he stabbed into his meal.

"It's more peaceful around the house without Dame-Tsuna and that psychotic baby"

Ie muttered, not catching the furrowed brow of his mother nor the slight frown.

"Ie-kun, don't berate your brother"

Nana scolded softly as she sat down with her own meal.

"Whatever"

The teen sighed arrogantly as he continued to eat, missing the way his mother's fingers twitched.

*

"Ah we should get back.... Mom is probably worried...."

Tsuna noted as he suddenly noticed the lowering sun.

"Don't you often disappear?"

The brunette nodded with a smile.

"Yeah but I always try to check in at least for a second before dinner if I'm not staying to eat"

Me: that's the end of the chappy~ hope you enjoyed cause it was really fun to write~ anyway bai bai~