The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 3

III

Just finished The Books of Umber trilogy. *Sniff* Not that anyone really needs to know that xD.

Also, I've got something pretty important to tell you all. I am switching the tools I use for writing, from my iPod to a netbook, so this different style of typing will take some getting used to. Please bare with me. Also, I don't have spellcheck. Yet. But I will try to edit much more often, making use of the much larger screen. Thank you. As well, that is the reason I have been so slow, I haven't been writing lately due to the fact I would be changing styles soon anyway. Anyway, enjoy this chapter! ^^

---/III/---

I awake, once more, from a severe nightmae in which my pokemon all hated me, bringing to me memories of my small band of poke-partners.

I wonder how, and where, they are?

I'm inside some sort of pokeball, not the same as last time, though.

Where, in this conspiring world, am I?

My 'sky' is purple, but I cannot move any part of my body to look underneath me. I am suspended in nothingness, unable to move. I know I recognize the situation, the feeling of being inside the spheriod.

I'm in a pokeball.

Knowing this, I try to see beyond the purple, to know my location.

I'm in some sort of pokemon center. I can tell by the red I see beyond the purple; and I seem to be facing up. Wherever 'up' can be.

Yeah, gravity isn't really affecting me.

Still, I'm moving... Well, at least the CRUEL capture device I am in is.

I seem to be being put into some sort of... device? I very vaguely remember it as something, something important...

Suddenly, I am no longer there.

I am gone.

Whisked away.

To a fate unseeable.

---/---

"Pul-eeez let me see it?" begged Gavin's self-proclaimed friend, Johnny, hoping that the fifteenth time would make a difference in the rather inevitable answer.

"No. I said, it's in that handy invention of Bill's, the PC."

"But why didn't you keep it with you?"

"Because I needed someone to heal it."

"Why didn't you-" Johnny was cut off by his brother.

"How many times do I have to tell you? The women there wasn't very talented. I didn't want to risk any more injuries."

"*Sigh* fine... I guess..." He looked up at his older friend with a pleading expression on his face, but it did not change the teenager's steel-hard expression.

Nothing ever had.

---/---

Where am I?

Where am I?

Where am I?

The words echo in my mind, over and over again.

The spheroid I am contained in seems to be somewhere... but nowhere.

Then suddenly I feel sensation. The slightest tingling in my bones.

I recognize it from not long ago.

But before my brain can fully process this thought, I no longer there.

I am gone.

---/Gavin/---

I race up the street on my brand-new tricycle. I am proud I have finally mastered this fine talent of riding. Maybe someday mommy or daddy will let me use a big bike.

I am less than a block away when I notice it. Of course, being seven I didn't really grasped the meaning of such things. Had it happened today, things would have been different. As it were, I recognized the smell from somewhere. Of course, it was quite familiar...

I just shrugged my shoulders. This smell in itself meant nothing to me. It wasn't until I saw the flames, oh the horrible flames, that I was scared. I was sitting on my red tricycle in front of our house.

That was the day it happened.

The day my parents were killed.

Everthing seemed to go in slow motion as three men in black suits rushed out of our house.

"Where is it?!" screamed one of them to another.

"I told you, I couldn't find it! The house was burning down!"

"And who's fault was that?!" the third one spoke up, as they stopped on the driveway.

"They started it!"

"You said that it wasn't in the house!"

"I said that it HOPEFULLY wasn't in the house!"

"Oh great, guys, do we have to go in there again to search?"

"We can't. The place is full of flame."

"So it's going down?"

"Let's get outta here."

The three men, just then, noticed me.

The little seven-year-old sitting on a clean tricycle with an expression on his face that could never be possibly put into words.

Tears were streaming down my face. My being noticed must have broken my frozen-in-the-momentness, because I got off my bike and ran towards the house, yelling "MOMMA! DADDA!"

One of the people caught me by the arm, and twisted it. I crumpled to the ground in pain.

"Don't bother, kid."

He had a cruel smile on his face as the three of them walked off.

Mere minutes later, the police arrived.

And that was the beginning of my new life.

A life which was based on, made of, and put together with one thing.

All that I wanted, a burning desire that grew stronger every year, was revenge.

Revenge.

Revenge...

End---/III/---End

For the first time ever, I am able to use italics... ^^ Did this chapter make you sad? That was kinda the point... Anyway.

So, as I said, I'm back, and this is the main story I will be working on. Especially because this is the only one I CAN work on, because of certain transfer issues. Which will take some time. Instead of that, I might as well use that time to just work on this book.

Thank you for reading!

If you liked this, vote. If this made you sad, comment. If you absolutely loved this, fan.

Basically, please vote, comment, and fan. ^^