The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 2

This chapter is dedicated to FanFictionsOnly- She drew the epic absol pic :D

II- The Beginning

This bold font is me editing! Yay. So, I'm changing the formatting a little to match the formatting I'm using presently using (In the third book)

So, a little explanation of what the ---/---'s mean.

I've prepared a small presentation:

E.G.:

---/Bob/IV/Bob/---

The "Bob" is the point of view. The IV is roman numeral for 4, and represents the chapter number.

E.G. 2:

---/---

This simply means the place, time, or Point of View has changed.

So, on with the chapter!

---/Kiriel/II/Kiriel/---

"Wha-!" I exclaim, staring into the empty, vacant room.

There are sign of dirt on the ground, and a struggle must have taken place in the room, as there were scratch marks all over the place. The window is broken, shards are everywhere. I hold in my second exclamation, for more than one reason. In the background, I vaguely hear someone in our kitchen, yelling, "There's someone else here!"

I straighten up, and foolishly dash into my room, grabbing a bag stuffed with all the necessities I would need for my Pokemon journey; I had already packed for the Friday when I would receive my first Pokemon.

Before now, my parents had never allowed me, so recently I had decided to simply run away.

I break the window as quietly as I can, and ignoring the shards I run like I've never ran before. I don't bother with roads, I sprint directly through the forest to the next town, Spindletown, also known as the town of bridges. The entire town, a small one but beautiful enough, is built on five bridges. The town itself isn't defined by a boundary; the town is the five bridges spanning the Spindle river. There's supposed to be some sort of legend about it, involving some guy and a bunch of spindles, but I never even bothered to ask what a spindle was in the first place, so I can't help there.

Whatever, geology really shouldn't be the first thing on my mind, being chased by a bunch of evil people and all. I glance behind me, and I can tell that the people have realized what happened and started to chase after me.

They are wearing black clothing, without a single marking anywhere.

Taking a quick look at the sky, I sigh as well as you can sigh when you're sprinting away from some completely unknown people. The sky has turned dark, and rain has started to pound down; hard. My twenty-dollar watch is already stained with H2O. My shirt is now dark green. I never really bothered to grab a jacket, and now I feel the result, I can't run nearly as fast when I'm freezing cold. Goosebumps erupt all over my body. Shivering, cold and miserable, I trudge into town, feeling safe now that I'm in public. But mostly everyone is inside now and the streets are all but deserted. I dash hurriedly now into a Pokemon centre, but the nurse notices I have no Pokemon and, thinking I'm just trying to get out of the rain, kicks me out again.

I have nowhere to go. I start running through the streets again, hearing my pursuers following me hastily. Shivering, I know I cannot continue. I stumble into the nearest building; a large black one, unmarked if not for the large red 'R' on the front. Inside, I wonder what type of place this can be. A twenty-some year old man walks up to me.