The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 11

XI- Part IV of Chapter III

Well, well, well. Seems you're back for more, eh? Well, I'll try and make this a long chapter for all of you who are reading it! :D

---XI---

Back in my room, I grabbed all my personal belongings. Remembering something, I decided not to tell my pokemon about the betrayal. I knew they would not help me then.

Grimacing, I set out to find this Gavin.

--_--_--

I had exactly three days left to bring Gavin in. I would have to step it up, I thought, but I knew his location.

I entered the forest, reminiscing about the first time I had ever entered it, so many years back on my first mission.

A sign read, 'Darnkeed Forest, Home to the Tree Pokemon.'

The tree pokemon, eh? Hmmm...

---One day later---

He dashed through the forest, sprinting away from his imminent doom. I chased after him as fast as I could, my faithful absol, aptly named Doom, easily keeping good pace with me. My breath was running out, but I had to keep going. I couldn't show how tired I was, how out of breath I was. I couldn't show any weaknesses. My quarry was very attentive, even while having lost a battle and having to run for dear life. His name was Gavin, and was in his mid-teens. That was all, they said, I'd need to know, other than his physical appearance, roughly 4'3", with black matted hair and bright blue eyes. That was all, they said. Then they sent me off, to defeat him and bring him in. Or dispose of him, whichever was easier. Of course, they had added, that bringing him in was 'preferable'. In other words, if I did anything else they'd torture me again. And possibly kill my dog. Painfully. Now, I know this doesn't sound like a great situation I'm in. I know.

Wishing I had a Pokemon I could ride on, I continued running. I slow down a little, not noticeably. He continues to run at his fast pace, and I wonder how he keeps it up. Possibly having imminent death as a motivator. Really keeps you moving. I only have torture and pain, so I can't go as fast as he can. Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Whatever. Speeding up, as much as I can, I order doom to try and hit him from this far away. He doesn't  have that good aim, so I have refrained from that so far in hopes of keeping his energy up. But we aren't gaining; he's getting away. If I wait any longer, I'm sure that there will be no chance whatsoever. I take a breath, and open my mouth to give the order.

"Doom! Razor Wind!"

Doom was about to release scythes of wind when suddenly ten-twelve growlithes surrounded us.

I staggered back from the enraged growlithes, but they were behind me as well.

The circle began to close, and Gavin came back. He wasn't sweating at all. He smiled grimly.

"Absol!" The red light came out of the pokeball and enveloped the dark-type.

What could I do?

Out of the trees, policemen and policewomen appeared.

I muttered darkly under my breath.

"Ngh..." I gritted my teeth.

Maybe...

"Pidgeotto!"

The bird-like pokemon appeared.

Could it carry me? I doubted it.

The bird pokemon looked at me sadly.

"No..." I muttered. Somehow, I had never seen this coming.

And the growlithes attacked.

End---XI---End

Like the nice turn in events? Hehe... I had planned that for a few chapters...

Ya know, somehow golbats can carry humans...

But anyway.

Pleasepleaseplease comment! I need to know wether anyone likes this!! I need everyone's feedback. And, before I forget, this chapter's Alternate ending! :D

HOW. MANY. TIMES. DID. I. DO. THIS. ALTERNATE. ENDING. ... WELL... WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPITALS??? I REALLY DON'T KNOW.. OH WAIT CAPS LOCK SRY...

ah that's better. So... There is no alternate ending. Kay? Thanks for reading cya!

Anyway. Thanks for reading. Please comment. I need feedback! Yay!

Okay. Now I'll go work on one of my other stories. I spent a good Sunday on this story. Really hope you enjoyed! :D