The Light of Day [The Darkened Time Series Book 3] ~ 2

Well. I wonder what Gavin will do?

Actually, not really. I already know. And will it be predictable? That's for you to find out. Unless you don't read this chapter.

I don't own pokemon. Or absol.

As well, the-

"Roll tape!"

"Got it, boss!"

 Also remember, No-Name is officially Kiriel. Thank you to Silent4everbeatless. But also thank you to all the dozens of other people who helped out! You're all amazing! I'd list you all here but... It would take too long...

---/Kiriel/II/Kiriel/---

I keep to shadowed alleys, quickly making my way to the address that I memorized before imparting to that police station.

Maybe... we will win.

I gulp, thinking about the paper in my pocket. One hundred eighty thousand. Not good.

I turn a corner, coming out of the alleyway, and the light of day hits me in the face, so refreshing, bringing hope with it. Long needed hope.

I look around for an address, but stop nearly instantly. A gigantic building, about four blocks away on the outskirts of the city, is bearing a huge, torn banner that reads POKEMON LEAGUE CHALLENGES STARTING TODAY which kinda catches my attention.

The you add the few hundred gigantic helicopters everywhere around it, and a huge amount of police officers trying to invade the building.

Probably it.

I change from a quick walk to a dash as I run top-speed towards the building, ready to do anything I can.

---/Gavin/---

Minutes pass as I jump into a nearby taxi and tell the driver to get me to the Pokemon League rightaway.

The taxi pulls up after a breathtaking 120 mile-an-hour drive to the city.

He lets me out, and even before he can ask if I paid, I'm gone.

Too bad for him.

I run at top speed, towards the mass of helicopters I see about three blocks away.

I see a shadow run around the back of the building suspiciously, but I don't follow. I'm more  interested in the commotion at the front. I run up to the attacking mass of police officers, ready to assist...

I screech to a dead stop. The police officers, maybe 50 or 60, were not doing what they seemed to be doing.

They were all, completely, frozen in place, mid-stride, with looks of anger and strength still etched upon their stone-cold faces. I gulp.

"You ready?" asks a goon, stepping out of the building.

"Yeah. Can't wait to see an entire frozen town!" another exclaims.

I duck down and dart around the back of the building, hopefully before they saw me.

I see a shadow of a person running into an open door, and the shape seems vaguely recognizeable.

I follow him, and find myself inside a total ruin of a building.

In front of me, a teenager stands.

"You..." I whisper.

He turns and stares at me.

"Oh, hello." He says cheerily.

"Good to see there's someone else not frozen."

"Are you... joking?" I ask.

"Why would I be?" he replies.