The Light of Day [The Darkened Time Series Book 3] ~ 3

A quick word from us:

While reading is very, very good for you and will help you improve many things, including being able to read quicker and better and have an expanded vocabulary, reading online (in front of a computer screen) is not that great for you, and can cause lasting and permanent eye damage. To help prevent this, give your eyes some rest at least once an hour. Your eyes will thank you for it.

AND NOW FOR OUR FEATURE PRESENTATION!

Welcome back to The Light of Day for chapter 3! All right!

In this episode: Can Kiriel (New name, remember?) and Gavin escape the evil clutches of Team Rocket?

And, who or WHAT is Team Rocket's leader?

As well, an exclusive interview with this book's author: Ilovetoread72!

---/Kiriel/III/Kiriel/---

I'm frozen? No - I can move just barely, as if trying to wade through concrete. I slowly, ever so slowly, make my way towards the Team Rocket elite member on the floor, but as I draw nearer I notice something - a not purple but blue gem on his neck. I ever so slowly peer down at the one around my neck, to find that they are, in fact, different.

I slowly reach down to pick up the gem, the thread that once held it around the Team Rocket member's sliced in half from some sort of attack, as I can see a small bit of blood, frozen in time and space coming out of a cut on his neck.

Feeling as if I am lifting a thousand pounds, I finally touch the gem - and suddenly fall to the floor, as the weight that had been slowing me down was immediately lifted.

"Whew." I get up, holding the gem, and brush myself off.

I frown, wondering to myself if the gem itself was more powerful, or if both gems together were more powerful. To test this, I toss the purple gem down on the floor, yet I do not slow down the second it leaves my hand.

"That's interesting," I muse.

I reach down and toss the purple gem behind me, ready to leave the room in hopes of catching up with some of Team Rocket, though I have no plan.

I walk quickly towards the spiral staircase, making sure to handle the precious gem as carefully as possible.

"W...w...a...a...i...i...t...t..." I hear a prolonged groan from behind me, and I spin around to find that Gavin had somehow caught the purple pendant, and is making his way, ever so slowly, towards me, holding out a pokeball. I am ready to run, get away from him as fast as I possibly can.

Then I recognize the pokeball, and my eyes widen...

---/Interlude/---

I'm sorry, but we have been recently informed that the author of this book is away on a fifteen-week vacation and we are unable to contact him for an interview.

So, instead, we will play hopscotch.

/Ten Minutes Later/

That was one fun game of hopscotch.

Wait. Did you want... something more? Like, something special because we were unable to give

you the special exclusive interview?

All right.

We will give you an exclusiv-

"Hurry up!"

Never mind. We'll give you an exclusive chapter three, I guess...

---/Somewhere in the known universe/---