The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 9

IX- Part II of chapter III

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who's ever had to write through depression. I haven't, but I know that it must be so very hard. :D

As a quick edit... Yes I have had to write through depression... I've been all too depressed lately... Hopefully it's not due to the fact I'm writing...

Before I start this chapter, though, I would like to reassure everyone that if it doesn't make sense, you can tell me. Please do. I really don't know.

Also. This chapter contains... Well... Anyway. Just a warning.

---IX---

The door creaked open ominously. Struggling, I realized through my terrible headache that my hands and legs were strapped to the white hospital bed I was on.

"Struggle all you want," said a Team Rocket Member- no, Goon, stepping into the room.

Following the goon into the room was a rocket goon dressed in a much more elite rocket outfit.

"Hm."

"How much do you know?" asked the Elite goon calmly, striding towards me slowly, a light grin on his face.

"I'm not telling you anything!" I growled angrily. They can't hurt me, I'm going to fight th-

It happened in an instant. Had I an instant reply in slow motion, I would, more likely, have seen the Elite Goon whip around, grab a knife off the counter, and within a second, have it lightly touching my neck, his face inches from mine, teeth bared.

"We can do this two ways. Either you tell me everything you know, and have a chance of surviving tomorrow, or we can do this the easy way."

As he spoke the last few words, the knife 'accidentally' slipped less than a millimeter forwards, and I could instantly feel pain.

"No!" I gulped, "mercy!" I may have tried to put up a tough front, but I knew from his face, an evil smile and the malicious glint in his eyes that he was completely serious.

"Mercy?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

In seconds he had raised the knife, point downwards, above my heart. "If you really want it," he said, already seeming disinterested.

"No!" I screamed in what could easily be my last sentence.

"Hm. I thought you wanted mercy," he said, raising one eyebrow and tossing the knife behind him, to be caught skillfully by the goon.

"Now, what do you know?" he asked, reverting to his old, calmer, manner, but still retaining the malicious glint in his eyes.

Not knowing what to say, faced once more with this question, I shrugged. "You're evil!" I spat.

"Well, thanks for that." The elite goon had a bemused smile on his face.

"But not good enough!"

He suddenly grabbed the knife from the other goon and hurled it at me. I screamed in pain and agony.

End---IX---End

Well, how's that for a cliffhanger? I admit this chapter was a little too violent for my standards... Feel free to complain... The next chapter will be... Well... IDK... What's going to happen next chapter, anyway?

EDIT!!!

1. RIP, Alternate ending.

THERE IS NO MORE ALTERNATE ENDING!!! FOR THE SECOND TIME, THERE IS NO MORE ALTERNATE ENDIN!!! FOR THE THIRD TIME, THERE IS NO MORE ALTERNATE ENDING!!! So... theres no more alternate ending...

Rest in peace, alternate ending... :'(

CAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN EDITED OUT!!! ....

THx 4 ReAdiNG!!! xD