The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 13

XIII- Part VI of chapter III

Er... This chapter will be slightly shorter than it used to be... Because there used to be a ton of stuff about the name search... Which I of course completely forgot to edit out... But he's had a name for a bit now, in the future books...

Thank you to Hope_Alise for pointing it out...

Anyway, if you didn't know, his name is Kiriel... Yes Kiriel...

And if you didn't already know, the alternate ending is gone... If you don't know what I'm talking about don't bother trying to...

So, I hope you enjoy!

---XIII---

I looked out of the small cavern. Safe, and comfortable, I knew I had forgotten something. But, whatever, it doesn't matter... I've got my life back in my hands, in my control. If no one finds me here, I'll go back in, say, five years? I dunno. Whatever. Still knowing I had forgotten something important, I leaned back and let sleep take me...

---x---

I woke to the sound of whimpering.

Looking around, I quickly located the source; a bleeding four-legged black and gray pokemon.

I didn't totally recognize it, but it looked like a poochyena, only larger and stronger.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly.

It shimmered in reply.

I pulled a full restore out of my backpack, and sprayed it at the pokemon. After the white cloud disappeared, I saw the slash had been totally healed.

-->Somehow...

It looked up to me happily, then sat on my lap.

"Um..." I blinked.

It licked my face.

I looked at it. I wanted to take it with me, but...

It looked up at me longingly, as if to say, "Can I come with you?"

I smiled and, worries forgotten, pulled out a pokeball that had been given to me by Team Rocket, and a red light absorbed the four-legged pokemon.

"All right!" I said.

Then I heard something. A slight 'Thu-Thud' sound. A helicopter? But who would come here...

My eyes widened. Team Rocket! But... There must be some sort of tracer on me somewhere if they could find me so quickly...

I immediately looked everywhere for a tracer.

After looking everywhere, the Helicoptor was getting very close.

My ring! Back then, they had given me a simple, small black ring that would show me as a 'Member of the Venerable Team Rocket'.

I ripped it off my finger as fast as I possibly could, and hurled it out of the cave, as far as it could go.

---x---

'Crack!'

A small projectile flew out of nowhere and hit the windshield of the helicopter.

Gavin looked towards it.

"A... Ring?" said the pilot of the helicopter.

"A ring?" Gavin questioned.

"No matter," said the copilot, a policewoman known as Officer Jenny, who had been quickly gaining status in the ranks of the police ever since she began Five months ago.

"We're almost to the signal," said the pilot.

"I wonder if he noticed the extra pokeball on his belt," said a policeman, who had designed the sleek pokeball tracker.

"He won't," said Gavin, "because there isn't one."

Everyone stared at him, except for the pilot.

"What?" said officer Jenny.

Gavin held a pokeball out. Inside, there was a fuming dark-type pokemon.

"I took it right before he got away."

"Why didn't you tell us?" asked Jenny.

"Cause I needed to give it to him."

"Hmmm?"

"I have three pokemon. I wanted a full three-on-three battle."

"But..."

"I don't care about anything except this battle."

Jenny looked, concerned, at the teenager, so immersed in his revenge on Team Rocket that he didn't really care about anything except said vengeance.

"Whoa! We're there!" exclaimed the pilot, as them came close to a large cave in the rock face of the mountain.

---x---

The helicopter was coming closer every second. I freaked out, and huddled in the back of the cave in hopes they wouldn't notice anything and go try and find me... Or really the locator.

"Gotcha!" came a cry from the opening of the cave, where Gavin flew in, being carried by an odd large bat-like rock pokemon, which looked very old.

I stood up. What could I do?

"Pidgeot!" I threw a pokeball, and the flying-type pokemon appeared.

It clamped on my arm, and I flew directly over his head.

But three police people were blocking the entrance.

I was trapped.

"Shouldn't have picked a cave to wait for your buddies, eh?" said Gavin.

I made no effort to correct him. My pokemon could not stand up to a barrage of police-trained pokemon.

"Return." the bird-like pokemon disappeared into it's pokeball.

Then, I threw all of my pokeballs over the police people's heads, shouting, "go!"

I knew the three pokemon would appear somewhere on the mountain together. I did not to get them hurt.

Gavin's eyes widened angrily.

"You..."

Then I fell to the floor and blacked out.

End---XIII---End

Um... Please disregard the alternate ending in the earlier chapters... If it's still there... I have a plan... Anyway. I'm planning a short book on the boss of Team Rocket and the actual plan. If I actually do it... Yeah. Anyway. It would only come out once this book is over... But hehe... Anyway. So, please comment! Hope you all liked it, and cya for now!