The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 8

---/Gavin/VIII/Gavin/---

The world is darkened, yet I recognize my location as a deserted street so heavily embedded in my past...

I recognize a house up ahead as my old one.

As I get closer, I can see once more the dreaded flickers of flame rising from it, and hear my dear parent's unearthly screams as a blaze consumes them. I run up to the burning home, and easily knock down the already nearly destroyed door.

But, inside, all I can see are men. Men wearing black suits with an 'R' on each one.

They are laughing evilly at me, and I am rooted to the spot, terrorized by my parent's screams and the deadly flames licking at my feet.

Just as I feel about to give in, run away, and never return, a dark shape runs towards me out of nowhere. As he or she gets closer, I vaguely recognize the silouette.

He or she comes nearer, nearer, and I feel that he or she is nearly close enough to fully make out...

The flickering flames finally illuminate his friendly face... I am about to know who this mysterious savior is...

Yet, once more, the conclusion to this mysterious dream is witheld as I awaken to someone shaking me by the shoulder.

"Please! You said that you would answer more questions today!" a man begs.

A buch more voices chime in, all pleaded that I answer their questions as well.

I glance at my nearly-broken DurableX watch. Three O'clock in the morning.

Great.

I groan wearily, and slowly stand up.

"Uh... I guess I can talk to you..." I mumble, pointing towards one.

"I was wondering if you could tell me about my daughter!" he exclaimed. A weary woman beside him nodded excitedly.

"Um... Okay."

He pulled a tattered wallet out of his pocket, and walked up to me holding a wallet-sized picture of a young, eleven or twelve year old girl.

"This is her a year ago... Please, have you seen her?"

"Sorry... No." I say this as compassionately as I can, yet I am beginning to get tired of these relentless questions.

Suddenly, I hear a slight sound, as everyone else cocks their head towards a door.

It creaks quickly open, and a teenager is pushed in.

He staggers a few feet, then falls on his face.

I rush over, having been slightly trained in first aid.

A man beats me there.

He leans over the teenager's body, and presses his ear over his heart. He listens for a moment, then tilts the teenager's head back a bit. He presses a finger to the teenager's throat, and nods slightly.

He brushes off his hands and stands up.

"He seems okay... Possibly a slight concussion... Malnutrition... exhaustion..."

My eyes widen slightly in surprise. I know enough to tell that this man is highly skilled in medical training...

He turns toward me. "Could you answer my question?"

Slightly surprised at the change in subject, I nod.

"Y'see, just doing this... reminds me once more of my daughter..."

"Your daughter?" I inquire.

A woman walks up, and stands beside him. "Yes. Our daughter always wanted so badly to join us in our profession..."

"You're both... Doctors?"

"Actually, I'm a nurse. Nurse Joy. This is my husband, Doctor Joy."

Joy... Joy... The name rings a bell in my head.

"Oh! I remember a Joy... I believe she is the new nurse at my local pokemon center..."

"Yes. Julianne Joy."

I furrow my eyebrows at the suddenly unfamiliar name... "No, wasn't she... Josephine Joy?" I ask.

"Oh, we have a neice name Josephine... I recall she wanted to become a nurse as well."

I blink slightly... A family of nurses and doctors? Interesting...

"That's fine. At least we know our neice is doing well..." she smiled.

Another person begged my attention, and the unconscious teenager was forgotten for the moment.

---/Flygon/---

I crash to the floor. Amazingly, the scientist does not notice, absorbed in some sort of work.

I take my chance, as well as a step...

And fall flat to the floor.

Apparently, flygon feet are not exactly for walking...

I recall that flygons live in the desert, and I guess that their feet are specifically for walking in cushy sand, not hard floors.

I would have to fly.

I flap my wings as hard as I can, which not that easy due to being used to only using four main limbs...

I push off from the ground and try my hardest to fly forward...

End---/VIII/---End

A few things. I tried to do research on the subject of flygons, but I didn't get that much... but, I will be lightly basing what happens next off the peice of information that the flygon is based off a dragonfly.

Thank you for reading! ^^

If you enjoyed, vote! If you have any feedback whatsoever, good or bad, comment! If you enjoy my works, fan! And if you want easy, instant access to the next exciting installment... Add this to your library!