A pokemon adventure part 3

The bold writing is me now, when I'm editing. I will not edit things in bold, though.

Here we go- chapter three

They steeled themselves for whatever might happen and burst through the bushes into a small clearing. John gasped. There was an injured pokemon lying on the ground.

Since Chris still had his starly on his shoulder, John rushed over and picked the blue and black, small, pokemon up. "Don't worry," he told it. "We'll get you to a pokemon center asap." "But John," Chris hurriedly protested, "there isn't a pokemon center for a couple more miles!" "Right. I guess we'll have to take him back to Professor Jacob's lab for treatment." They rushed back to Professor Jacob's lab, arriving there in mere minutes. As they were about to knock on the door, Prof. Jacob opened the door, nearly hitting John's forehead.

"This is so lucky!" he exclaimed. "I was just going out to get you because I forgot to give you something." Noticing the injured pokemon in john's hands, he lost his cheerful expression. "come in and tell me were you found this pokemon, called a riolu," he said hurriedly.

Stepping in, Chris told Prof. Jacob what had happened.

John joined him saying, "I think he is in very bad condition. Can you help him?"

"I don't know. I'll see what I can do."

-Two boring hours later- 

"He looked fine so I let him go," said prof. Jacob. "Oh, and before I forget (again) here are your pokedexes."

He handed them two devices, that would be used very un-frequently in the following chapters.

"So I get a pokedex too?" asked John.

"Yes, I think it would give you good experience for when you get your pokemon"

" 'Kay, thanks," said John.

As they headed back through the forest, Chris said, "I'm going to find a pokemon to battle so I can make my pokemon grow stronger."

"Sure" said John, "I'll help you" As they walked around, looking for wild pokemon, Chris pointed out some movement in a bush. "Hey, there might be a pokemon in there. I'll battle it."

"How are you going to get it out?" asked John, noting the stinging nettle that the pokemon was under. ( this should have worried him, as, yes, most pokemon PROBABLY wouldn't sleep under stinging nettle) "Here's how" he said "starly! Use your gust attack!" 'STAR!' cried starly, releasing it's gust attack. The stinging nettle blew back, revealing two very awake and VERY angry beedrills, their needles spinning with rage. -uh oh- Chris leapt into action. "starly! use gust again!" starly let loose a gust attack but the attack did nothing but annoy the beedrill. The beedrill attacked, using their pointy needles to nearly knock out starly. They then aimed their stingers at the two friends. 'RRRII!!!' the riolu from before burst through the bushes behind them and attacked with two speedy force palms, doing little damage but succeeding in paralyzing the enemies.

"Hey, it's that riolu that you rescued before!" Chris exclaimed.

The riolu leapt into John's arms happily. "hey, do you want to come with me?" asked John. The riolu nodded enthusiastically. "That's great!" said Chris, "now we both have a pokemon, and a pokedex!"

"So now we can both go on our pokemon journey" said John, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

So that was how the pair both got a pokemon and a pokedex.

-not edited by me( or anyone else for that matter

As you can tell, that last sentance I wrote quite a while ago. It's edited now. Kind of. Also, just a kinda funny fact for all of you, a part I had to edit quite a bit was where they stepped into the clearing. Guess what they saw? This part is edited out, but it used to say something along the lines of (I already forget the exact writing) They stepped into the clearing. John gasped. There was an injured riolu lying on the ground.

Missed it? Here, I'll say it again. There was an injured riolu on the ground. How did they know it was a riolu, without actually being told? They mentioned this riolu many times, but nowhere in the ENTIRE chapter do they have anyone or anything tell them that this random pokemon is a riolu. So, I changed every mention of riolu to pokemon until I edited in the Prof. Jacob telling them. I also had to do this in the earlier chapter where both Chris and John know it's a Starly without anyone telling them. Sure, in the pokemon world most people probably know what a starly looks like, but I'm not about to take any risks. And sorry for the very long afterword. I really love them.