A Pokemon Adventure Part 7

Finally, I've edited 7 whole chapters! :D

Chapter seven - Gym leader one - Jake, the ice type.

Recap- 

Last chapter the only main event was that Chris and John met (And defeated) a team rocket goon, the first of their many future adversaries.

After checking out of their hotel, Chris and John walked the short distance left to the nearby city, a normal sized city with large buildings.

"Wow! This place is cool. I never imagined that such a large place could be so near to our little town." said Chris, looking around in amazement at the huge apartment buildings.

Chris pointed towards a building. "Hey! There's a bike shop! Lets check it out!"

John sighed and followed Chris towards the small multicolored bike shop, weaving through the many different bikes parked outside of the shop. One caught his eye, but the 1,000,000$ price tag was enough to make him look away. He hurried to catch up with Chris, who had already entered the shop.

Chris walked up to a kind-looking man wearing a gray I Luv 2 Bike shirt. He was sitting behind a small metallic desk with a bike symbol randomly placed all over it. John followed him, looking around at the large variety of big and small multicoloured bikes.

"What can I do for you, son?" asked the man behind the desk politely.

"Well," Chris replied, "I was wondering if you ever have sales on your bikes, I don't think I can afford one million P."

"Hmmm... I'll tell you what. If you be strong trainers," he said, obviously having noticed the pokeballs on both boy's belt, "I'll give both you and your friend a free bike if you two can defeat this city's gym leader." This got John's attention. He looked up, raising and eyebrow at the man.

"You see, the gym leader is my son, Jake, and he's been getting a swelled head lately over how great he is; no one has been able to beat him for quite a while. I'm becoming quite tired of it, so it would be nice to see him a little humble for a while."

"Hmmm-" pondered John.

"Of course we'll do it! Come on John, let's get going!!" Chris said, hurrying out the door, not checking to see if his friend was following him.

"Now he's an enthusiastic one, isn't he," commented the man, chuckling.

"Indeed," John replied, walking out the door swiftly. 

'At this rate, you will never get a chance to call Mr. Professor,' riolu commented.

John chuckled, walking towards the direction of the gym. [I wonder how long it will be before he realizes I'm not right beside him] "Wait a second-where is Chris!?" John exclaimed, glancing right and left.

"Hey! What's your problem!" an angry shout came from around the corner.

"Chris was heading that way," John muttered darkly, shaking his head and rounding the corner.

"Chris!" he exclaimed looking at the scene before him. It seemed Chris had bumped into a young man wearing an icy white dressware shirt, and now the man had sent out his pokemon - a small ice type, from the looks of it, which was now staring at Chris evilly, a cruel intent in it's small slitted dark eyes.

"Hey! He only bumped into you!" John exclaimed.

"So you're his friend? I'll get you both!" came the uncaring reply.

John glanced down at riolu. "You ready?"

Riolu nodded. "let's go!" 

Chris sent out starly. They were about to give commands when the teen said, "so you are pokemon trainers. Return, snorunt."