The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 6

VI- Part II of The Beginning of the End

Alright! This one is hopefully gonna be really good! Yay! And possibly longer than usual. But hey no promises! :D! But anyway. I wonder what'll happen in this chapter... Wait, I know! Yay!

For once...

---/VI/---

We walked straight into the forest, it's massive trees looming ominously over us. The reason it had switched from Lightened Forest to Darnkeed Forest was almost obvious, as the trees blocked out all sun. Why they had changed the name to Darnkeed Forest, though, was almost unknown, as there were two obvious possibilities, either that Darnkeed was possibly someone's name, or that the official papers had a spelling mistake; and the name should have been Darkened Forest. To this day, no one really knows, as this change had happened some generations ago. Still, if you went to school you would learn about this forest in the early grades, and most curriculums would have a large project based on the Darnkeed Forest; including it's history, the diversity of the name, its ecosystem, and more interesting facts about the forest.... as many as they could gather without entering the forest, as while the forest did not have many pokemon in it, it was still unsafe for anyone to enter without a pokemon or a form of protection; i.e. A ranger stylus, or a pocket-full of master balls. Actually, one master ball would do... Of course, people entered anyway, and sometimes didn't return... But hey, I'm not trying to freak anyone out.

Anyway. As I had been thinking to myself, my partner and I had reached the outskirts of a small clearing in the forest. A teenager was sitting on a fallen log, looking at a small, red, device in his hands. I vaguely recognized it, but couldn't exactly place it. He stood up.

And my partner gripped a pokeball on his waist.

"This is him," he whispered, "remember not to listen to him."

"Got it," I whispered back, "should we attack?"

"NOW!" my partner dashed into the clearing, hurling his only pokeball in front of him.

'Bom!' a black dog-like pokemon appeared.

'Doom!' it growled.

I threw a pokeball, as well.

'Sol!' came the deep-throated cry.

The teenager whipped around. "Who are you!?"

"We're Team Rocket!" declared my partner, boldly.

"T-Team Rocket!?" he exclaimed, fear in his voice. "Not me! Please!"

"We shall bring you in for justice!" exclaimed my partner, pumping the air with his fist.

"No!" Caleb yelled.

"Absol, Vibrava, Starravia, I need you now!"

"Hey!" I exclaimed, "that's not fair!"

"I'd hate to see what you consider 'fair'," he retorted, obvious loathing disgust in his voice.

"Houndoom! Dark pulse!"

The dark-and-fire* type let out a vibrating pulse of darkness, which hit all three opposing pokemon.

*Author's note, he doesn't have a pokedex, so he doesn't actually know what type it is

"Doom! Use tackle!" I shouted, calling out the only move I knew of.

Doom leaped at it's alter-ego absol, tackling it to the ground.

A worried look on his face, Caleb pulled out the small red device from before, only this time I recognized it.

"A pokedex!?" I exclaimed, my eyes wide.

Completely ignoring me, he checked his pokedex.

"No! Return!" he held out a pokeball, and the absol returned to it's sanctuary.

"Use heat wave!" my partner called out, but as it hit the two pokemon, Caleb pulled out two pokeballs.

"Return! Return!"

He wheeled and sprinted out of the clearing, grabbing a backpack off the log as he did so.

"Help! Help!" he yelled, running out of sight.

My partner stared at me for a few seconds, shrugged his shoulders, and ran after him. I followed closely, Doom striding speedily ahead of me.

A chase ensued, but we were gaining. Rain started sprinkling down, and lightning flashed in the distance, illuminating the ground every few minutes.

Then it happened- he tripped over a fallen branch, and fell heavily to the ground......

We were on him in seconds, and my partner produced a rope, seemingly out of nowhere. He pulled a cellular phone, with a very sleek black-and-silver swirly design.

"Base? It's me, agent nine-oh-nine-five. We have a captive. Please send a copter."

In minutes, an all but black helicopter was hovering above us, lowering a rope and a ladder. We tied Caleb to the rope, and climbed up the ladder...

-----------End of Part VI------------

Well? Who can guess what happens next chapter? Yup. Basically a condensed four years or so. Bringing us to... The End. Yay. Not the end for the series, of course, but still. The end for him.

Awww. He doesn't die, though.

But being me, that statement isn't very reassuring. Still, I don't think he'll die. I'll wait and see how it turns out, I guess. As always, a review or comment is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.