The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 8

VIII- Part I of Chapter III

First, I'd like to settle once more most of the totally wrong rumors going around.

1. Once more, 'The End' does not mean that it's the end for the series. Think of it as the metaphorical end, kay?

2. 'The End' does not exactly mean he dies. I mean, so far I'm not planning on him dying. I mean, he might, but hey, I don't know yet, okay?

And hopefully those are the only rumors going around.

And I'm back with more future randomness... Now there aren't any rumors going around... Pretty much because I don't think anyone is actually reading this...

*Sniff*

Thank you.

Also. Last chapter HawkClaw guessed the correct answer, which was Houndoom! Congratulations, HawkClaw! So, HawkClaw has some very good books! I personally suggest HawkClaw's 'Street Rat,' a pokemon mystery dungeon fanfic. HawkClaw has many books, though! Anyway. HawkClaw supplied the mystery pokemon this chapter! Yay! (Well, inadvertantly)

And I can finally present to you-

VIII- Part I of chapter III of The Shadows Of Dusk!

---/Kiriel/VIII/Kiriel/---

I peered closely through the window. In one smaller prison, I saw two figures that I vaguely recognized. Two figures... Two figures...

And that's when my eyes finally widened.

That's when my life truly changed.

That's when many jigsaw pieces fell neatly into place.

And that's when the beginning ended- and the end began.

They were my parents.

And they were imprisoned.

By the people I worked for.

No amount of my naïveté could prevent me from understanding then. No amount of my naïveté existed any more.

My eyes widened.

The people who supposedly kidnapped my parents.

My parents- here.

The people who had chased me through the the forest-

Me- here.

The people I had captured-

Them- here.

This place was evil.

And so was I.

My eyes, widening ever more in horror, stared at the figures I once lived with.

I wheeled around, and sprinted down the hallway. It seemed to grow longer with every agitated step I took, and I threw myself down any hallway I could find, not caring where I was going. I had left my pokemon in my room. I didn't care. Blinded by guilt, rage, and other feelings that were hard to describe, I ran into a Team Rocket member. He staggered, and stumbled out of my way. Not caring, I continued to run.

And boy did I run.

I blasted through the front double doors, and sped through the town. I didn't think to go to the police then; looking back I still wonder whether that decision would be for better or for worse; and I doubt I will ever stop.

I ran head-long through the city, hot tears streaming down my face. I eventually ran out of the city, and not noticing where I was going, ran head-first into a tree and fell to the ground, unconcious. Well, I may not have fell to the ground, as I was already unconscious and unable to know what happened to me. Falling is just a guess, as it is highly unlikely that I started floating upwards, as I am currently alive.

I think. But it may be all a figment of my imagination. Maybe I'm a figment of somebody else's imagination. Or maybe...

-—-Author's note- I've went on about this before. If you actually like hearing annoying fille- I mean amazing chapters dedicated to talking completely randomly about figments of the imagination, check out chapter nine of 'The Elite Four... The Ultimate Goal...' -A Figment of the Imagination!

Or, if I get a bunch of requests, I might make a special chapter for that. But it's highly unlikely! :D

Anyway. It was much later when I finally came to.

And let me tell you. When I came to, I wasn't 'Just suddenly awake', like most of those movies etc. No, it was like the worst headache in the world, multiplied by two.

In other words, a deadly pain.

I didn't suddenly bolt awake, I came to very groggily after a long period of time. Eventually, I was almost fully aware of my current surroundings.

'Ugh..." I groaned, looking around at the room I was in. Like a doctor's office, there were instruments of all kinds in the room, on different shelves.

The door creaked ominously open...

-----------

Yawn. I was hoping to do a human-turned-pokemon plot here, but- hmmm... Actually.... Nah. To much blah. But Hmmmmm.... Sorry. I'm thinking on paper again. But if you do want a human-turned-Pokemon plot-twist, tell me and I'll factor in an alternate ending... Maybe. I'll need like five requests. And I'll still continue this storyline. Actually, I'll show you what I mean-

After each chapter of the main storyline, if I get enough requests, I'll have an alternate chapter after the afterword, based on a human-turned-pokemon plot-twist.

EDIT!!!!

1. RIP, Alternate ending.

IT HAS BEEN EDITED OUT!!! NO MORE ALTERNATE ENDING!!! MWUHAHAHA!!! So... Basically... This is the end of the chapter...

---------