The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 10

Enjoy!

---/X/---

A man strides back and forth in a small room. Other than him, the walls, floor, and ceiling is bare... to the naked eye.

But him. He, he could pick out the small webcam lens and mic, as well as a faint outline of a button.

He walked over to the button in the wall, and lightly pressed it. It gave no sign that it had been pressed in, and, to anyone else, it would seem he had just pressed his hand against the wall.

A small blue light flickers to life, and the man looks into the lens of the webcam.

"My minions..."

---/Somewhere Else---

A group of men stand in front of a large screen.

"My minions," the voice of the man on the screen says.

"How wonderful of you all to gather here..."

None of the men acknowledge his thanks, nor reply.

"Now. The Dawn of a new age will soon begin, thanks to your help. The Rocket Age."

"Our plan is coming to its end. Soon, we will gather together... A meeting in an appropriate place, where we will announce ourselves to the people of this region. Three weeks from now, all of you should have completed your projects."

"Not much later than that, we WILL have power."

"It will begin a new age."

"A new era."

"A new time."

"I will speak to you again soon."

The screen turned off, and the twenty-four inhabitants of the room filed out, to do their errands...

---/Back there/---

The man brought his hand off the button, and smiled to himself. It had gone rather well.

He walked quickly out of the room, which had been designed specifically for that one thing, and the door closed behind him, the complex electric lock buzzing on.

He was nearly ready.

Ready for the revolution.

And the invention he had worked on, for weeks on end, was nearly complete.

It was time to test it out.

---/Flygon/---

"Come on, man. Bust us outta here!"

"Um..." I say. What should I do? I've got no idea how to actually shoot a sonicboom...

"Man, aren't you gonna do that cool flygon whip-lash tail thinga blow?" one complains.

Flygon tail... super fast...

Um...

Maybe if I vibrate really fast?

I start to beat my wings faster than I could have ever imagined, yet it seems to somehow come naturally as I feel the urge to whip my tail towards the door.

I hover in the air, then spin and lash my tail in the air.

What is this supposed to do, anyway?

Apparently, quite a bit.

The air formed into some sort of epic air-wave.

Which slammed into the door.

Which, in turn, blew right off it's hinges.

"All right, man! Sweet!" The ecstatic pokemon fled out the door, as an alarm sounded.

I buzzed quickly out after them, and flew away right over their heads.

They'd escaped, their future was up to them now.

I sped down the corridors, searching for an exit.

I burst out of a small door into some sort of courtyard.

And froze.

Not metaphorically, exactly.

I would have never stopped, just sped to freedom.

But I froze. And found myself unable to move.

---/Gavin/---

"Wha?"

"Yup. I nicked my pokemon back from some goon  who was flaunting it. He never noticed. Idiot."

He tossed it into the air, and a bird-like gray pokemon appeared.

"Via!"

"This is Star, my staravia. Use Aerial Ace!"

A slice of air neatly cut through the lock of a door, and an alarm didn't sound.

"Hurrah!" the people cheered.

"Okay. I saw some sort of field, we'll escape through there. We've got to stay together."

"Yeah," I agreed. I was starting to get used to this leader thing. "Follow Caleb and I."

Gavin led the way out of the door, and I stayed close behind him.

"This way!" he shouted, and we fled through the corridors. Before we had gotten that far, an alarm sounded.

But it was coming from another part of the building.

I ran by a room, the door open showing possibly hundreds of pokeballs.

"I'll have to remember that, for when I return with reinforcements," I muttered to myself, still being careful to stay ahead of the crowd.

We dashed into a field.

I froze. Ahead of me was a sight that was more odd than anything else.

A bunch of pokemon were frozen mid-stride, mid-leap, or mid-wing-beat.

I picked out two pokemon instantly- My arcanine and that flygon I had rescued.

I tried to open my mouth to shout 'Run!' but found I was, in every way, rooted to the ground.

"Mwuhahaha!" exclaimed some sort of person, wearing fancy white clothing embroidered with one plain 'R' symbol.

"I see my little trick succeeded rather well, don't you think?"

He walked up to a pokemon.

"Frozen in every way. My, my boss is plainly brilliant. I could do anything with this..." he handled something in his pocket.

"But, this would be - is, the end of all you." he guestured towards me and Caleb, the pokemon, and probably toward a group of people behind me, who as well had been frozen.

"Now, what shall I do with all you?" he mused. "I think, yes, that I should lock you up...

MWUHAHAHA!!!"

End---/X/---End

MWUHAHAHA!!! I love introducing psychotic brilliant evil people into my story... ^^

I'm working really hard on this story, I'd love to have a little feedback... ^^ As well, I just can't wait to start book three... where the real action begins... ^^ I want to make each book 15 chapters, at least the first two, so that's why I'm kinda not getting to the point yet.

Hmm... I thought I had uploaded this chapter already...

As well, visit me on my official website- www.ilovetoread72.webs.com (Probably in the external link)

If you enjoyed, vote! If you have any feedback whatsoever, good or bad, comment! If you enjoy my works, fan! And if you want easy, instant access to the next exciting installment... Add this to your library!