The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 15

XV- Part VIII of Chapter III

The final chapter, eh? It'll be as long as it has to be. Probably longer than usual. Hope y'all like it!

---/XV/---

The door creaked ominously open. A man dressed entirely in a white scientist lab coat stepped in, followed by a man dressed entirely in black.

Wait a minute, why are they so big?

"This is it," the scientist said elaborately, as if 'this' was some sort of great achievement, or something.

The man dressed entirely in black picked me up by my neck and threw me on the floor like I was nothing.

"This is what you get for disobeying Team Rocket!"

I tried to pick myself up and rise to his height, but my green claws we-

Wait. Back up a minute. Green claws?

Let's ponder for a minute what someone would do if they randomly found out green claws had replaced their hands.

They don't say, "oh no I turned into a _______ due to a lab experiment!"

Because... Well.... That doesn't make any sense! How would they know...?

They also don't say, "What is happening to me? This is an odd phenomenon, possibly caused by jupiter being in the third house and mercu-"

They don't say that either.

Depending on who you are, you either yell obscene words or do what I did- faint.

Yup. And the cycle will happen again when I wake up.... Well, maybe not. I certainly hope not. That would make for a very boring final chapter, wouldn't it?

---/---

I awoke in a cage. No, not a jail cell. I've seen those before, that's for sure. This was an honest-to-goodness cage. And a small one, too. There was a small lock on a small door. Kinda like a cage you would keep a parrot in. And I'm pretty sure I'm normally quite a bit larger than a parrot.

Noticing once more that everything seemed so large, I realized that, no, I was very small. Well... Kinda small.  Odd, eh?

A man in a lab coat walked up to my cage, followed by a Team Rocket Member. More like a goon.

"This is our pinnacle achievement," he said to the goon proudly.

"What is it?" asked the goon, like I was some sort of vermin.

"It is a rayquaza." he said simply.

--> No, HaloWazzupMan. It is NOT a rayquaza. (It was you who guessed that, right?)

A rayquaza!? Hahaha... Ya, I know, it was just a guess. But, honestly? Okay, everyone. Go read HaloWazzupMan's Scorch. I owe him. :D

Anyway. :D Back to the story. <--

"This is... A Flygon."

---/XV- Part II of part VIII of chapter III of book I/---

A flygon? Me? Maybe the cage hanging behind me?

Nope.

So. Let's review.

1. I had green claws for hands, and now that I think about it, my arms were skinny and green.

2. I was about the size of a flygon. Even though I have absolutely no clue what a flygon is.

3. I was being treated like a lab experiment.