The Light of Day [The Darkened Time Series Book 3] ~ 7

And now, a message from someone:

Wattpad.com is a wonderful place of writing and reading. Did you just happen upon this book while googling something? And you're just going to read this book and leave?

Well, we encourage you to stay and check out more of this wonderful place of fantasy. Mystery. Thriller. Science Fiction. Suspense. Romance. Adventure. Humor. Non-Fiction. Teen Novels. Short Story. FanFiction. Paranormal. Historical Fiction. Horror. Poetry.

A world of words.

What will you read?

And now, for our feature presentation:

Chapter seven.

This episode:

Another important plot-point.

And... escape?

Read on for more.

As well, I'd like to thank (once more) every single person who contributed to the list of names I recieved so quickly...

---/VII/---

It felt like I had plunged my hand into a waterfall, with the water pounding around my hand and water forcefully showering me. But it was so-called drywall and bits of paint that exploded.

"Ack..!"

As the dust settled down, I walked suspicously into the room.

'Welcome to the Test of Power. You will now battle a pokemon. Lose, and you shall not ever see the light of day again. That is your final warning. If you are weak in will, or lacking in power, to continue would be foolishness. Would you like to continue?'

Where was that voice coming from? It sounded mechanical.

"I will continue."

'Access code 1. Activate. Release, Manetric.'

'Attack.'

A blue-and-yellow doglike vivid pokemon burst out of nowhere, growling loudly.

I stumbled back, unprepared for any result.

"Hey! What is..!"

The other teenager rushes up behind me, but I suddenly hear a weird sound. I turn around, to see him unconcious on the ground, right behind me. I reach out to see what's wrong, but a mechanical voice interrupts me.

'Send out your pokemon.'

"Yeah, yeah..."

I fumble in my pockets, reaching around for a pokemon to battle this one, probably an electric-type.

"Leaf!" I toss my torterra's red-and-white pokeball into the air, and the tree-like landmass pokemon appears in a flash of light.

"Earthquake!"

'Sucker Punch.'

The battle proceeded for a harsh three minutes, after which a critical-hit earthquake felled the dog-like pokemon.

'Congratulations. Please leave this room.'

"Um... Okay..."

I walked out of the room, then I spun around to a grinding noise. A large cement barrier fell into place, blocking the stairway.

"Well, there wasn't an exit there anyway..." I spun around, again, to a depressed voice. Just that guy. Whew.

"Hey... Uh... What's your name, anyway?" I ask, feeling like I should have known this long ago.