The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 4

IV

Time for something important to happen... maybe... nah... OH! Of course. ^^

Hope you enjoy!

Sorry, the stories going to be a little slow as we catch up on Gavin and all. Hope you enjoy anyways!

---/Gavin/IV/Gavin/---

I run up the steps of the pokemon center. I am in no particular hurry for any reason, but I run all the same.

It takes me seconds to reach the PC, and only a few practised seconds more to access my account.

I access my storage, and select the pokemon I had saved from Team Rocket.

Would you like to withdraw this pokemon?

-yes-

Thank you. Please have a nice day.

I grab the pokeball that drops out of the machine and clip it on my belt. I realize I have left all my other pokemon behind, back at the police station, but it is only a few minutes' walk and I should be back in no time.

How wrong I was.

---/Somewhere Else/---

A man was sitting on his wonderfully made porch, watching as the sun rose.

He had never seen a dawn so beautiful.

So divine.

Beams of light fascinated him, shining over the land.

" 'Tis the rays of dawn..." he heard someone say softly.

The man's head whipped around to the sidewalk.

A person was was walking up his driveway.

"How wonderful... another man who appreciates them."

"A-apprecciate them?" the man was beginning to feel fear slowly creeping up his spine, and he peered more closely at the man, who was totally dressed in bla- No! Not totally. There was some sort of red mark at the bottom of his pants. An 'R'?

"But all fascination comes to an end..."

The man felt the blow to his head slightly.

Had he a rewind button, he may have been able to see the man leap over him and land rigt behind him, spinning around his elbow.

The man in black grinned sinisterly, and walked inside the house.

---/Fygon/---

Hmmm? I am somewhere else... once more in my world...

I take a moment to ponder my situation.

I am in a capsule, which in turn is being carried by someone.

I am a pokemon. Yet human in more ways than one. Those ways do not include body.

Annnnnddd I have absolutely no clue what to do to turn back.

Yup. Life officially sucks.

Actually, it started sucking a while ago...

---/Gavin/---

I decide to walk home the long way, past my old house. The land was sold to some guy for a good amount of money a while ago, and he built a nice house on all the rubble. Most of the important stuff that could be saved was either kept by me or sold. I couldn't keep all of it, though.

I cried all the way to the police station, while an officer I was sitting beside tried in vain to comfort me. All I wanted at that point was my parents, to have my life back.

Less than a month later my vision was different. I knew then that they were never coming back. I will have my revenge.

When we finally arrived at the building marked 'Police' which would become my home for the next three years, a kind-faced man carried me gently inside.

I was deposited on a bed in the back of the station.

Their plan was to give me to an orphanage, but all withing a ten-mile radius of my house were either unable to recieve new children, or the one or two the police deemed 'unfit' for a child like me.

A month later, I no longer had constant blurry eyes.

A month later, I faced facts.

They were gone.

At the time, I had only wanted to get back at them. I was simply angry, and wanted to become an officer so I could be like one of those cartoon hereos- the guys who have revenge and the bad guys go somewhere bad.

I wanted partly to be a hero.

By now, eight years later, I have changed.

All I want is revenge.

And I will go to any lengths to acheive it.

---/Still Gavin/---

I walk up to the small peice of property that once was my home.

Something is wrong.

I see a man, who I recognize as the owner of this land, is on the ground, bleeding.

Now, normally I'd charge in the house and exterminate all evil.

But while I may be crazed for revenge, I'm not stupid. While I could feel something special about the pokemon clipped onto my jeans, I had never actually formed any kind of bond with it.

But fate has a mysterious way of acting, it seems.

Just as I had turned around to get out of there, a man in black burst out of the house.

"You!" he exclaimed.

I immediately spotted the red 'R' on his pants' leg, and recognized the man for what he was- a senior Team Rocket grunt.

I sprinted away, towards the police station, but a zubat swooped in front of me.

I gripped the pokemon's pokeball.

I wished I had never came.

But these are the results I got.

And I didn't like them.

I would have to fight.

---/Flygon/---

Suddenly, everyhing went black as a shadow from outside the pokeball extinguished all light.

Someone was holding my pokeball.

And I felt movement as I was tossed.

Into the air.

And when I was back in good'ol full-size reality, what I saw would really, really not be positive.

End---/IV/---End

Okay, let me explain a few things...

When the POV changes to narrator, nothing will happen. When the POV changes to Gavin, it will look like this- ---/Gavin/--- or when it changes to the-first-main-character-who-has-no-name, I'll just put ---/Flygon/---

I'm working on giving him a name. Thanks for reading! ^^

As well, it'll be a little slow... For every two comments or three votes, I'll update. ^^