The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 13

Enjoy!

This chapter was a little harder to write... I'm not the best with writing when I have to portray this type of emotion etc...

---/Flygon/XIII/Flygon/---

I felt myself coming awake as I struggled to rise, finding that steel bars prohibited such an action.

Opening my tired eyes, I looked around for a clue to my location, as I felt myself rising. Someone behind me dumped me on a metal table, and I turned my head around to see who it was.

It was that Team Rocket guy who had nearly chopped off my tail.

I instinctively started to try to move away from him, but only succeeded in crushing myself against the back of the cage.

"Well, well. It seems you're awake, now. Why don't you take a look behind you?"

---/Gavin/---

I watched as the pokemon slowly turned its head around to look at me, then suddenly backed away from me into the back of the cage.

"Now. The part I said about you recognizing my genius."

He stood up, walking away dramatically, then turning to face me.

"New technology, is what so many people want. But they so rarely turn to old technology."

"Palkia. Through advanced, new technology, we were able to face it. Of course we could not beat it, as was nearly impossible, but that was not our goal. Five of us used specially designed moves to steal parts of its power."

"Space. Let's just imagine, for a moment, that you can control space. Palkia might use this power for warping buildings, and travelling."

"But it could never, ever imagine what we had in mind."

"It was brilliant. We, Team Rocket, needed money. Lots and lots of it. Of course, we still need more, but that is a point for later. With this power, contained in special containers, we built a machine, and the three of us on this specific project, began to research pokemon. To be more specific, special pokemon."

"Ditto. Through its power, we found we could create an unbeatable, powerful resource. They could change into anything; we could hide speakers within them, and they could act as one of us; they could change into legendary pokemon and start rumors, and scare people away from places."

"But we still needed money. Lots and lots more money. Because, you see, a ditto can cost anything from five to twenty thousand Poke. And as they could change into anything, they were nearly impossible to find. Of course, there were always the Ditto Hunters- but that is beside the topic."

"We also found, when researching special pokemon in general, a group of pokemon thought to be so sought for various reasons, that people would pay handsome amounts for them- or in the case of flygons, their body parts."

I shuddered at this notion, dreading what as to come next.

"Milotic- Rare, beautiful. An earlier venture found slopoke tails to be a good investment, before some people caught on. But we also found flygons- their tails, to be exact. Their large tails, sought after by some as a delicacy, were worth huge amounts of money- up to twenty thousand!"

"But, as was the problem with all these pokemon, they were rare. In the case of milotic, living at the very bottom  of lakes, and flygons- living deep in the desert, so quick and powerful they were almost known as a legendary."

"Now, lets get back to the topic of space. This entire plan was put together by me, I may note."

"We had the power to warp space. Thanks to technology created by me, which was no easy feat, we were able to harness this power."

"We began experiments. The first stuck in my mind- we used this technology, trying to warp an unfortunate human. His body was consumed, and he is no more. The second experiment came not much later, which also failed. The third, the fourth, the fifth... they all sped by so fast. Failure- dead. Failure- gone. Failure- disfigured. And so on, until the thirteenth experiment. Experiment number 13. We succeeded in changing said subject into a baby absol. This feat was worthy of celebration. The fourteenth was even more amazing- as well as a harder feat- we changed a girl into a fully grown, yet level-less milotic. Her memory seemed to have only been partly erased, when the thirteenth was fully erased, but we disregarded this, kept using this information, and went on to the fifteenth subject."

By this time, my mind was going in circles. Turning humans into pokemon? Maybe he was talking about something else.

"A poor kid, whose parents were taken away from him by yours truly, fled and happened to run into a Team Rocket HQ- a hidden one, I might add. Of course, he was incredibly naive, and had no clue what or who Team Rocket was. We fooled him into thinking we were some kind of band of superheroes, and he joined us happily. He did many missions for us, without any clue who we were." The man started to laugh. "What an idiot! Ha! And long story short, he was our subject fifteen- the first true success, as he had a level, and seemed capable of using moves. He was turned into a flygon."

He glared at me. "We were just in the process of finally removing his tail from him when you and your 'friends' burst in, grabbed him, and left."

"But now, now we will have our revenge. MWUhahahaha!!!!"

He then stood up, grabbed the cage with the... flygon... in it, and left, slamming the door shut behind him.

End---/XIII/---End

Little short this time. Sorry. ^^

Don't forget to comment!

If you enjoyed, vote! If you have any feedback whatsoever, good or bad, comment! If you enjoy my works, fan! And if you want easy, instant access to the next exciting installment... Add this to your library!