The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 9

Chapter nine is here! I decided to update again cause today is Thanksgiving monday (in Canada)

Give thanks!

XD

---/Flygon/IX/Flygon---

Surprisingly, the speed of my wings gets quicker, by instinct, as they begin to vibrate very fast.

I easily begin to hover, and shoot forward, but then I realize my mistake -

"The flygon has one more distinctive attribute- its wings create a series of notes that sound like singing."

Once more, I pull out a peice of information that my former teacher had given her class from my memory.

As I zoom down a corridor, a man looks at me suspicously.

"Ack! ESCAPEE!!! LEVEL ONE!!!"

Obviously, a level one escape was not exactly that important, as only a few people darted out in front of me.

I saw a door open, and I sped through it...

As it slammed behind me.

I had to literally stop right before I went straight into another wall.

I was in a small room.

In which, there were several other pokemon.

"Um..." I muttered in some language.

"Who- who are you?" one asked. I was surprised I could understand it, as it was, after all, a snake-like purple pokemon that didn't really look that intellegent...

"Um... Flygon, I guess..."

"What do you mean, 'you guess'?" asked a slightly more intellegent looking pokemon.

"Long story..." I couldn't believe I was actually holding a conversation with a group of pokemon...

I searched for an exit, but only found the door I had came in from.

"Don't bother, kid. It's useless. You'd need some pretty powerful power to get outta this room, that's for sure..."

I didn't give up.

Could I use some sort of attack on the door?

What type of move could a flygon learn...

A sand move?

Maybe I could shoot beams of power from my mouth.

"Some sort of energy blast?" I mumbled to myself.

"Haha." one of them chuckled. "Remember that shot they gave you before they put you in here? That'll keep you from using moves..."

"Shot?" I asked him.

"Yeah kid, when they stick that needle into your arm or something. A shot."

"I didn't get a shot..."

Instantly, all the sad-looking inhabitants whirled and stared at me.

"You mean... you can use moves?" One of them jumped up excitedly.

"You can get us out of here!" another exclaimed.

"Um... I don't really know any moves..."

They all stared at me.

"Idiot," one said.

A bird-like green-and-white pokemon, that looked... creative, turned and looked at me silently.

"Young one. I am Xatu. If you wish, I shall look into your mind... find out what you know not..."

"Um... Just my moves, please..." I mumbled.

"Oh. That sucks. I was hoping for a deeper insight... Your brain seems to be structered rather strangely... Whatever. SonicBoom. Sand-Attack. Faint Attack. And Sand Tomb."

I sigh, instantly using trainer instincts to analyze the correct move for the situation- Sand Attack. Pretty much useless. Faint Attack. Not a physical move, so not that one. Sand Tomb. Not really useful in this situation either.

That leaves SonicBoom.

I turn towards the door and try to use the attack, expecting the sound attack to fly out of my mouth and barrage the door.

Too bad. Nothing happens.

All the pokemon stare at me, waiting...

---/Gavin/---

I watch intently as my fellow teenager struggles to awaken.

He eventually rises to his feet.

"Ugh... Where am I?" he says, slowly taking in the people crowded around him.

I can tell the other people in the room are restraining themselves from letting loose a barrage of questions, so I decide to quickly answer his before the silence is broken.

"You're... uh... In a Team Rocket base... a prison..."

He shook his head, rubbing his eyes as if he had just awoken from a deep sleep.

"Oh... not again..."

"Again?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah. I must have been transferred from that other one... Anyway. What's your name?" He asked.

"Gavin." I answer bluntly.

"Ah. I'm Caleb."

"Nice to meet you," I say formally.

He grins.

"Well, hopefully this place'll be easier to break out of than the other. I spent how many hours trying to dig a hole with a spoon? You'd think they'd just make wood flooring or something, but nooo, they have to do stone..."

Escape! The thought rings in my head for the first time since I had been captured.

"Uh yeah!" I exclaim.

He begins to look around.

"Looks like metal flooring... metal walls... metal doors... Anyone got a pokemon on them?"

Everyone shakes their head sadly.

"Luckily, I do." He says, a smirk on his face as he pulls a pokeball from his pocket.

End---/IX/---End

Oooh... Will the-character-who-has-no-name be able to use a move? And is SonicBoom even powerful enough to open that door?

Find out... Later. ^^

Thank you for reading! ^^

If you enjoyed, vote! If you have any feedback whatsoever, good or bad, comment! If you enjoy my works, fan! And if you want easy, instant access to the next exciting installment... Add this to your library!

My website in the ext. link

GIVE THANKS!