The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 14

XIV- Part VII of chapter III

---/XIV/---

The officers and their young protege stood awkwardly over the unconscious seventeen-year-old.

"Um..." Jenny coughed, breaking the silence.

One of the more senior officers bent over and unnecessarily handcuffed the teenager, and two of them lifted him and hauled him into the back of the seemingly shrinking helicopter, and the officers took their seats while Gavin simply glared at his rival.

"C'mon, we gotta get going!" exclaimed the pilot, and Gavin eventually took his seat as the rotor started to spin, almost scraping the sides of the cave as it began to slowly hover...

---/Say, Three Hours Earlier/---

"Find him!" the man roared at his subordinate, and the lowly goon shivered in fright of his leader G.

"Ye-Yes sir!"

He turned and; grabbing a pokeball out of a niche in the wall, ran off in some direction, other goons joining him.

---/The Present/---

A bird-like pokemon swooped over one dog-like feature, who was sitting on the ground and licking his paws absentmindedly.

They seemed to be conversing; and not long after a 'decision' seemed to be made, the bird flapped it's wing and flew into the sky as the other dog-like figure began to make a slow journey down the mountain on which the two pokemon had appeared.

---/---

Jenny and Co. stood as their helicopter seemed to be hit by something, causing a visible dent to form in the side of the cockpit, and one or two little items on a mini table to clatter to the floor, and a mug to fall and shatter.

"My mug!" exclaimed one officer, and Gavin rolled his eyes, mostly interested in the dent in the siding of the aluminum cockpit.

"What hit us?" he mumbled to himself, and pulled a gray pokeball out of his pocket.

He opened the door slightly and opened it, sending a large gray bird pokemon to appear, with a beak-like curve on its forehead.

It immediately started flapping its wings, but fell anyway due to being released so suddenly into mid-air.

Gavin looked out over his pokemon and saw another larger helicopter with an red 'R' emblem on its side.

"You might wanna get ready for this," Gavin said slowly to the police officers crowded behind him, and they all pulled pokeballs out of various places.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as an aerial battle began.

A group of bats flew out of an opening door in the rocket helicopter, and they began to relentlessly attack the police pokemon.

---/---

Gavin dashed the short length to their prisoner.

He grabbed the teen's hands and tried to pull him up unsuccessfully.

"Aero! Swellow!"

A large bat-like pokemon that seemed to be made of rock appeared, as well as a more simple blue bird-like pokemon.

The swellow's claws clamped on to Gavin's arm as the rock-like pokemon's claws clamped onto the teenagers...

--->Doing some quick research

Shoulders. Kinda. Anyway.

The bat-like pokemon flapped its powerful wings, and rose out of the cockpit door, the swellow lifting its trainer into the air as well, and following the bat-like pokemon.

"Get them!" the commanding, yet still low-level, grunt directed his army of golbats.

"Scree!"

The bat-like sinister pokemon turned from the police pokemon and dived after Gavin. In seconds, they had swarmed the other old bat-like pokemon that seemed to be made of rock, and carried their target away.

They swiftly retreated to their helicopter, and the door closed after they had dumped the unconscious teenager on the floor.

Gavin tried to chase after them but they quickly flew away.

---/---

I woke in a strange room. Somehow, I remembered it, but... From when? It seemed as if all memory of this small white-walled room had been completely wiped from my memory. As hard as I tried to remember, the memory seemed to just slip from my grasp.

But, I definitely felt a strong sense of de ja vou. (A/N- Please contact me if you know how to spell that correctly. I can't remember the accent marks)

It seemed as if the setting, the time, and the door creaking slowly open had already happened before now...

Wait. Back up there. Door creaking open?

Ohhhh boy...

End---/XIV/---End

Hehe... Once more, if you know the accent marks and spelling of De Ja Vou, please contact me.

1. Comments... Please don't just say 'You suck at spelling', that is 100% unhelpful and will be ignored. At least say, 'This chapter has a few spelling mistakes, like ____' so I can at least fix one thing.

2. Votes. I don't pressure. But votes are awesome and a way of helping me speed up on writing and encouraging.

3. Reviews. Unless you're gonna be honest, reviews are just ok... But, if you're totally honest, THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT'S AWESOME! I mean, sure, 'This is good because you describe we'll is really awesome, and it helps me remember to describe situations better, but 'You should have describe XXX better' is almost better because then I can actually make this book better.

4. Fanning. Just plain old awesome. For all of you fans, I'll let you in on a little secret (Really little and probably not that great) that I am doing a fan-only book. It won't be that great, but it'll have tons of info and mini-stories in it.

Annnnnnd... That's about it! Hope you enjoyed the second-to-last chapter of 'The Shadows of Dusk'!

Oh. Did I not mention there is probably only one more chapter in this book? Right. So... Seeyall for now!

---/---