The Shadows of Dusk [The Darkened Time Series Book 1] ~ 10

X- Part III of Chapter III

Once more, thank you for reading. I encourage you to comment. I do not, personally, ask you to vote, but votes are highly appreciated and a way you can give your support, and show you like it. Thank you. Please enjoy... X. And everyone knows, 'X' marks the spot, right?

---X---

The blade nicked my left arm and buried itself in the hospital bed.

Blood started to leak out of the small gash in my arm.

"I-I saw the prisoners!" I said, my voice quaking with fear.

"Better," he said, his eyes mad and dangerous, possibly past the point of malicious. He still looked ready to do something unexpected, and my heart pounding heavily within my ribcage.

"Seems he doesn't really know much," said the other goon.

'Whack!' The goon flew backwards into the door.

"Always call me 'sir'," said the Elite Goon quietly.

Getting up from the floor shakily, the goon nodded, and bowed. "Yes, sir."

The Elite Rocket smiled and turned back to me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked angrily.

He didn't answer. Suddenly, in a flash of movement, there was something sticking out of my arm.

The goon pulled the plunger, and I instantly shuddered and drifted into unconsciousness...

"Sleep tight."

----Some Time Later----

My eyes cracked open, and shut instantly to the light streaming in. My arms shakily held my head, which felt like it would explode at any moment. Once more, I attempted to open my eyes, much more slowly this time.

I was, once more, inside the room I had called my home for over four years, nearly five, now.

Was it all a dream? Maybe it was. Glancing at my arm, with a gash in it, I knew it wasn't. My head hurt worse than it ever had before.

My life had, officially, taken a turn for the worse. And a rather large one, too.

A key turned in the lock on my door.

An Elite Goon walked in. "Come." He spoke simply.

I glared at him and followed him all the way to the mission briefing room.

The briefer sat up at my entrance.

Pointing to the glowing screen behind him showing a boy, with facts beside the figure. He spoke bluntly.

"This is Gavin. Bring him in within a month or die. Try to run away and..."

The screen changed to a map. On it, there was a pulsating blue sphere.

"We can track you down within seconds, and have you within days."

The screen changed back to Gavin.

The briefer-goon handed me a printout.

"Go. Now."

I grimaced at the thought of, once more, 'bringing in' another innocent victim.

But I knew they were serious.

I stood up, and walked out of the room.

End---X---End

Well, do y'all like it? It'll get even better, soon. Thank you for reading. Any feedback is awesome! :D So, yeah. I didn't really like the violence, either, but I know/hope everyone liked it! :D

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU!!!???

1. RIP, alternate ending...

THERE IS NO MORE ALTERNATE ENDING!!!

So... ...

Thanks for reading!