The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 2

Just so everyone knows, I am continuing the vote for a little while. In the meantime, I while continue posting in this fashion. Thank you! ^_^

---/II/---

My life: I have none.

I am a human-turned-pokemon who will be enclosed in a tiny sphere until the day I die.

Though that's just a guess.

And no, I'm not a pessimist or depressed.

I'm just stating the facts.

Everything is black, so I am unable to distinguish my surroundings; nor verify my pokemon-ness by looking at my reflection.

But, I'm pretty sure I'm still sitting in a pokeball which is inside a box.

And yeah, I'm a flygon. Probably always will be, I guess.

Not that I'll live long enough to find out if it's permanent.

But I'm still pretty sure it is.

Yeah, maybe I am a little bit depressed.

And being a pessimist isn't exactly a reach.

I try to move, but I seem to be fully unable to do anything in this horrible torture device. My sleep is riddled with nightmares and my day holds no possibilities. Will I ever see the light of day, the rays of dawn, again? Will I ever see my parents again?

So many questions.

Yet there are so rarely answers.

I try to close my eyes; to sleep.

It doesn't come for hours.

---/Days Later/---

I can see.

The lid of the box is slowly opened, and some man I've never seen before wearing a white lab coat looks in. Satisfied, he closes the lid of the box and, by the movement I feel, he has picked the box up and is carrying me... Us, somewhere.

To our doom?

Or, the chance that is so little, so futile, to freedom?

Doom, I guess, as he opens the box and pulls out my pokeball. In the distance I hear something, like some sort of cry, or shout, but it must be because my hearing is somewhat enhanced because the Scientist doesn't seem to notice anything as he lightly tosses my pokeball at a white table.

Before I can think or move, I'm strapped down by my arms and feet. He pulls out a small syringe and plunges it into my arm.

Darkness consumes me.

And the last thing then to register in my brain is he sound of something exploding.

---/---

"Sir. We have a report on the explosion."

"Go on," encouraged the elite rocket G half-heartily.

"The laboratory, luckily not directly attached to your base, seems to have been invaded and attacked, successfully."

"What about F?"

A scientist staggered into the room, covered with bruises and holes in his lab coat, and smiled grimly.

"I'm fine, Bro."

"I told you not to call me that."

"Whatever. I escaped with these-" he held out a cardboard box nearly full with pokeballs, "but they got away with one of my... Our experiments, who happened to be out of his pokeball at the time. May I add that our foolproof HQ idea worked brilliantly?"

"No valuable equipment or pokemon were taken?"

"Thanks to our idea, no equipment, but..."

"What is it?"

"The pokemon they took..."

"Ugh... It was him, no?"

"Yeah. They got away with subject 23. Also known as roughly the third experiment that actually succeeded."

"Do you know how much trouble went into it?"

"Yes. I apologize."

"But... Hmmm..." G pondered something for a minute, then turned back to his co-worker, smiling.

"No apology needed. I know what we can do to turn this into a gain."

"Contact Z"

---/---

Jenny and two other officers, as well as a teenager holding a purple pokeball, staggered into the PlazaVille Police Station, where their torn clothing and bruises were met with curious stares from the few officers in the front area, as well as one man sitting on a couch who had looked up from his magazine at their arrival.

The man looked particularly interested in the purple pokeball held by the teenager. He peered closely at it, the glanced into his magazine. He gave them a queer look then shrugged his shoulders and continued reading.

The police station was, more or less, completely white from the inside, with exceptions such as the furniture, the counter, and a few decorations and posters.

At least, that was the foyer/waiting area.

As they walked to the more private rooms at the back of a long hall that could not be accessed without an always-changing code, it grew more secretive, but comfortable, with windows that showed not uncomfortable benches, but rather couches and lounges.

They entered a small room at the back, that seemed to be a small lounge.

"It looked like they went there, but that little hut couldn't house that helicopter, I guess, so that must have been something else," said Jenny.

"Yeah... still, we did rescue this-" he lifted up the small pokeball.

"Yes." Jenny poured herself some tea.

"What should we do with it?" asked one officer.

"We could give it to the professor," suggested one.

Gavin looked at the unconscious form in the pokeball.

"I could take him."

End---/II/---End

No, I'm not copying the 'N' idea. You'll see.

Oooohh... Enemies in a team...

And what became of Absol? And of course, his other pokemon?

You'll see.

Once more, please read the first book in this series: The Shadows of Dusk, before you read this book. But hey, hopefully everyone reading this already has!

---/---