Ch 159

The marriage discussion has become more and more troublesome in Beijing.

Ever since Xiao Ye ordered someone to beat the scholar named Weng Ang in a fit of anger, it was like stabbing a hornet's nest. Not only the market was full of discussions, but even the scholars also had a lot of criticism. Originally, half of the people in the ruling and opposition parties disagreed with the marriage marriage with Tatar. As soon as this matter happened, some people immediately brought up the old matter again, which put great pressure on Xiao Shi.

Sometimes it was Weng Ang who sued, and sometimes it was the Yamen who came to investigate.

Not to mention that there is Xiao Dingfei at home who is afraid of chaos in the world.

Up to Xiao Yuan Xiao Shu, down to the servant butler, it was the first time that they were tossed like this.

If it's just a discussion in the market, it's fine. After all, although Xiao Shu was named the county head, there has never been a precedent for the county head to get married in this dynasty. Although the Xiao family is chaotic, it is not afraid.

But I never thought that the situation suddenly became worse a few days ago.

The Xiao family was originally the leading big family in Beijing, with deep roots and extensive shading, usually very arrogant. They have done a lot of things such as oppressing the people openly and secretly, selling officials and nobles, and it is not without complaints from the bitter masters. It was suppressed with a wave of a big hand, and many sufferers lost their voices inexplicably, and Xiao's family did not suffer any damage.

Recently, these things and these people have resurfaced.

Some old things were brought up again, and notices were posted in various places in Beijing; some beat drums and complained, and directly sued the government to ask the government to uphold justice;

What's even more frightening is that some of the things that the Xiao family did secretly and kept secret were dug out by others and spread to the market, arousing shock and criticism from many parties!

"Only a few people know about Ganzhou's disaster relief funds from top to bottom. How could it be spread outside?" Xiao Yuan, who had just heard the news from his subordinates, jumped into a rage. On the table, the expensive inkstone and pen mountain were shaken off, "Could it be, could it be that those few people who fell into trouble at the beginning..."

The Ganzhou misappropriation of disaster relief food funds was three years ago.

When the matter was investigated, the entire officialdom in Ganzhou was wiped out, and more than 60 people were beheaded in autumn.

However, few people know: Although these people who were executed were not innocent, the real black hand-the Xiao family in the capital-is safe and sound! Most of the relief money was handed over layer by layer, and finally fell into Xiao's pocket!

Those who knew about it back then are either high-ranking officials now, or have become souls of the underworld.

Who brings up old things again?

Who can bring up old things again? !

Those old enemies of the Xiao family, the grudges they had forged, all went through Xiao Shu's mind one by one, but she couldn't figure it out: "We secretly think that this opponent doesn't want Princess Leyang to get married, but also wants to target me. Xiao Shi, what's more important is that the other party seems to have been dormant for a long time, and secretly collected a lot of information about us, and this time he released it all at once, obviously wanting to fight with his back and make it difficult for us."