Ch 57

His family was poor, and his parents sent him to the palace as a **** when he was young in order to subsidize the family.

There are many people like him in the palace.

Sometimes, he also thought about why it was him, not his brother, or someone else.

But every time he thinks like this, another voice always sounds in his heart: If it is not forced by livelihood, how could parents who love their flesh and blood send their own son into the palace to be an eunuch?

If he hadn't entered the palace, he might have starved to death or died of illness.

As a result, all kinds of grievances that sprang up will gradually fade away.

Zheng Bao thus became a rare peaceful person in the palace.

There are too many quarrels and intrigues here, most of which come from an unyielding and unwilling heart, wanting to stand out and be the master.

But he doesn't want to.

He does not fight or grab in the palace, does his own thing with peace of mind, and never gets involved in any intrigues. He only waits to be released from the palace when he is old, and when he returns home, he sees his family members smiling at each other and making porridge and tea for him.

However yesterday...

The Jianzhan that the Empress Empress loved was not broken by him, but it was already broken when he took out the box from the high cabinet and opened it according to the order of the lady officer.

This object was brought by the empress from her mother's house. It is often used for seeing things and thinking about people, and it was originally within the scope of his jurisdiction.

Once I took it out to see, it was broken.

It is quite normal for the empress to punish him in a rage.

Zheng Bao was willing to be punished.

Just kneeling in front of the palace gate of Kunning Palace, and being looked at with strange eyes by all the palace people and eunuchs who came and went, he couldn't help thinking: How could that Jianzhan be put in a box so well, how could it be broken so easily?

And none of the eunuchs who had been friends with him in the past stood up to speak for him.

Even if one is used to the coldness of people in the palace who are wise and protective, it is still a bit cold, right?

Jiang Xuening appeared at this time.

A delicate voice sounded a little deliberate, like those concubines who pretended to be weak in the harem, a little timid and a little cowering.

Zheng Bao thought at the time, it must be Miss Jiao from some family.

But who would have expected that it was the simple words of this "Miss Jiao" that saved him from the harsh punishment of Kunning Palace.

The one who rescued him on the surface was naturally Princess Leyang.

But anyone who has stayed in the palace for two years can tell that it was Jiang Xuening who really saved him.

Of course the kindness of Princess Leyang must be kept in my heart, but the second girl Jiang should be thanked even more.

He was clearly a stranger, but he passed by, even the friends he knew in the past would not dare to intercede for him at this time, but such a stranger who met by chance asked for help.

Zheng Bao felt that it was a ray of skylight seeping through the dark crevice.

Although there is only a sliver of warmth, travelers who migrate in the cold winter are willing to rely on this sliver of warmth to believe in the kindness and goodness of the world, and to believe that the sunny spring will soon come.