Ch 128

"Tianjiao has been established for a long time, more than 30 years ago. It was originally formed by some refugees from the south of the Yangtze River who lost their land and property and gathered in the mountains and forests to fight against the government. It is called "Datonghui" in the Jianghu, and it is not very popular. Until the leader of the teaching, the old man passed by here, and preached in the mountains for more than ten days with Taoism. It is no longer a bandit in the green forest, but a new sect that develops together with Buddhism and Taoism. First, it avoids the suspicion of making troubles, and second, it preaches and preaches in all corners of the country. Many people believe in it and join it. If there is an emergency, brothers, it is really convenient to take care of it."

In Tongzhou City, Huang Qian smiled and pointed forward while walking.

"Look, Mr. Zhang, the Tongzhou sub-helm is in front of it, and it was built in a Taoist temple according to the old rules decades ago. Brothers have been waiting in the back mountain."

Zhang Zhe raised his eyes and saw that it was indeed a Taoist temple.

The west of Tongzhou City is surrounded by mountains, which are a natural barrier. Although the mountains are not high, they are somewhat beautiful.

What is planted is the old pine that has passed through the winter.

A gate was built at the foot of the mountain, with the words "Shangqingguan" hanging on the top. The plaque and the building are a bit old, and they are old. Even the outside looks very dilapidated, and there is usually no incense.

Ever since watching Xiaobao drive Jiang Xuening to Yongding Pharmacy to see a doctor, Zhang Zhe has been a little absent-minded, with a slightly dignified look on his dull face.

Seeing the gymnasium, he just nodded.

The origin of Tianjiao has been rumored among the people, but in the eyes of court officials who know the details like him, there is nothing strange and mysterious about it.

What Huang Qian said is roughly correct.

In the early years, Tianjiao was a "Datonghui" gathered by refugees who had lost their land, in order to fight against the gentry or rob merchants in order to obtain a place to survive. But about fifteen years after the first emperor ascended the throne, that is, in the fifteenth year of Dezheng, a small incident occurred in Buddhism and Taoism.

Taoism is a local sect that has been prevalent in China for a long time.

Helplessly, Buddhism was introduced from the west more than 200 years ago. In troubled times, there were countless believers in the north and south of the river, and they did not lose to Taoism. The temples of the two temples, and the temples of the temples, compete for the religious center and the land boundary from time to time, and there is friction with each other.

By the time the first emperor came to the throne, Buddhism had become popular.

At that time, Buddhism was headed by the White Horse Temple. The first emperor even visited the White Horse Temple to pray and offer incense. Known as "Zhenyi", everyone respectfully calls him "Taoist Zhenyi", and he is also proficient in Taoism.

Unexpectedly, in that year, the two religions fought against each other, and there was a lot of trouble.

The two religions both wanted to compete for status, so Monk Yuanji and Taoist Zhenyi met at the foot of Mount Tai to discuss Taoism, each competing for the true teachings of Buddhism and Daoism, to compete for superiority. For a while, practitioners and believers gathered, all gathered to listen to the two preaching.

Because of the long time, there are only a few words left about the grand occasion of the year, but the final result is widely circulated--

Daoist Zhenyi suffered a disastrous defeat on the Taoist side.