Chapter 548: Dress as a substitute for marriage sickness (25)

Palace maid Xia Lian passed the news very quickly. Her mother, Li, met her at the gate of the palace, her face changed suddenly after hearing her whispers. As there were other people not far away, she didn't dare to say more, she just looked at her with worried eyes. she was.

Xia Lianxiu gave her a small bag of jewelry, and said with a stiff smile: "Mother, this is the master rewarded me. You take it back and use it."

These jewelry were not marked by the court. She exchanged them with other court ladies. Only after they had the money to hire someone to do things. Li understands that her daughter is not easy in the palace, and her hand that picks up things is a little trembling. He doesn't dare to say a word in a mess. He only exhorts, "You are fine, in a few years... I can leave the palace, my parents are waiting for you."

"Eh." Xia Lian bowed her head and blinked away the tears in her eyes, waved to let Li leave quickly. She got this opportunity with great difficulty, so be careful and not stay longer.

Li didn't understand the rules of the palace, but knew to be careful and careful, she hurried home, and when Xia Lian's father came home, she pulled him into the house and cried and told him the matter.

"His father, what can we do? Our family has always been responsible for their duties. When did they hurt others?"

Xia Lian's father Liu Hong frowned and his lips trembled a little, "You keep your voice down, don't let anyone hear it, you have harmed your daughter."

Li wiped his eyes and choked up, "I see Xia Lian's eyes are dark, and I think it's hard to sleep. I heard that she talked to a noble man and was valued by the emperor and the queen mother. I thought her life would be better. Who knows... who is this, why is it so vicious?"

"Shhh, don't say it, it's been heard that our family will die." Liu Hong opened the window and looked out, then closed it tightly and said in a low voice, "Let me think about it. I killed my daughter, what should I do? There must be another way, or I will find someone to take them away and send them out of the capital."

"No, they will come back if they have their feet. The imperial examination is like killing parents. That is a prodigy who even scored four songs. His wife looked at him kindly. We, we are not doing evil?" Liu Hongmo squatted his face. On the ground, words are full of despair.

Li cried and swollen eyes in such a short time, and his heart was full of fear, sobbing out of speech, "If we don't do it, our family will be dead. The two children in the family are still young, and Xia Lian does not know in the palace. What torture will be? We have no choice."

The couple fell into deep despair. Their eldest daughter was Xia Lian, and there were a 15-year-old second daughter and a 10-year-old son in the family. They don't want to harm others, and immediately move away from the capital to protect themselves as much as possible, but they can't leave Xia Lian behind.

Whether it is the victim or the murder of his own daughter is the most severe torture of human nature.

Liu Hong couldn't make a decision. He first went to the pawnshop and became the jewelry, and then deliberately found an opportunity to run into Xu Zifan on the street. When the two passed by, he pretended to fall and sprained his ankle with a "wow".

Xu Zifan helped him up a little unexpectedly, "Are you okay? There is a medical clinic in front of me. I will help you to see it?"

Liu Hong smiled and waved his hand, "It's okay, just twist and rest, but I am in pain right now, can you help me find a place to sit?"

"Okay." It happened that there was a teahouse nearby, so Xu Zifan helped him in to rest, paid for a pot of tea, and poured a cup for him.

Liu Hong was flattered and took it with both hands, "What a shame, thank you so much, you and I meet together, you are willing to help me like this, what a good person."