Chapter 568. Resolution of the Conflict.

"By the way, I heard about your human-collecting... trait. Do you like collecting them so much when your mother is one?"

Yasenia looked at her from Tatyana's arms with actual confusion. "What does Mom being human have to do anything with me liking to collect human slaves?"

Even in the Sky Continent, she didn't care or support beast-human slavery. She has always been indifferent in this matter, which was clearly out of her control. 'Although, there at least there was a semblance of rules.'

Moreover, her real intention behind collecting the human "slaves" was one of her hidden secrets she didn't tell anybody from this continent.

They only knew that Tatyana was her mother and that she had a few human females "warming" her bed at night, but nothing more about her relation to humans.

Tengliu glanced at Tatyana and asked. "You don't mind it?"

Tatyana smiled lazily while she focused on petting her little treasure. "I've killed more humans than you've seen during your entire life."

They laughed it off only because believing it would be a pretty scary truth.

Yasenia sighed. "By the way, if you have any to sell, I'll pay generously a low-level earth-grade treasure for each slave that convinces me."

Everyone that didn't know about the price she was offering was stunned.

"Huh?"

Coraline turned to look at her and was bewildered. "An Earth-level treasure?"

Yasenia nodded. "That's right. You've heard it correctly. It would help if you spread my name and price between the other leaders."

Tengliu squinted and smiled. "You sound rushed. Why the haste to spread your offer out there?"

Yasenia shrugged and sat on a chair beside Tatyana. "I just don't want to miss the best slaves before they rot away in who knows what conditions. After all, although beast humans say they despise humans, they use them quite a lot in bedrooms. The hypocrisy is interesting to see, but I don't want valuable slaves coming here like Luna."

"Luna?"

"The slave I bought in the tournament. She has spoken one complete sentence to me without stuttering since she came here."

"Why are you so focused on buying them?"

Yasenia smiled calmly. "Interest. There really isn't anything deeper that pushes this craving of mine."

Yasenia looked directly into Tengliu's violet eyes for a moment, unflinching.

The harpy Matriarch nodded, convinced. "I remember reading a report of capturing a few. I'll tell them not to touch them, but... What if they've already been used? Are you still interested?"

"As long as they are female, talented, and beautiful, I have no problems. If they were formerly talented, I would also buy them. I've heard about a strange surge of high-level humans, so I want to collect as many of them as possible."

"Oh? You know about this?"

Yasenia nodded. "Yes." She didn't explain further. Sometimes explaining reasons was like admitting something was wrong with that knowledge.

If she just confirmed it without giving it importance, it would show that knowing about it is only natural.

Yasenia commented. "By the way, how long will you stay here, Tengliu? If you plan a longer stay, I should prepare proper living quarters for you. Even though I don't really like you wandering around, since you are already here, it's pointless driving you away."