Chapter 403. Hero Distancia's Strangeness. Five out of the Nine strongest sects.

The conversation about interiors and the various luxurious items decorating the hallways continued until they reached the main study.

There was a three-meter tall, wooden, white double door. They were both artistically carved by a master, and the details of the creatures depicted on them were awe-inspiring.

Yasenia could identify a beast-man of an unknown race holding a flaming sword. The image's artistic cues made one feel that this man was a hero.

She asked with curiosity. "Is this an image of the hero? Even if I've heard about him, my clan doesn't teach about our past in detail. Mainly because since I took charge, I tried changing things to look more into the future."

The violet-gold-robed Elder answered. "Yes, that's Distancia. He is the hero who saved us from human oppression. The tales and stories are numerous, and his race has always been a mystery. He appeared out of nowhere, showing impressive growth speed, charisma, and resources. With unstoppable momentum, he swept the Continent and liberated the World. Then, he disappeared."

"Hmm. Do the records say anything about where did he go?"

He shook his head. "No. Most probably, he ascended and became a god-like figure. All the cultivation techniques of our Continent are actually fragments of his. His body cultivation technique was much more intricate; our ancestors could only replicate part of it. Nevertheless, we can reach the limits of cultivation with it."

Yasenia blinked. 'Limits of cultivation? Do they not know about the realms beyond the mortal realms? Also, this person. Did he gain an inheritance from a lost god that fell to the lower dimension? His growth seems even more startling than mine. So strange...'

Yasenia's confused gaze changed to one of pure determination. 'Nevermind, this only reinforces my previous thought of putting in hard work. I must remember that I'm not the most talented, so I must never stop improving.'

Meanwhile, Tatyana started to pay attention. 'These patterns... For a person born in a backward place like this, it is impossible to gain so much talent or strength suddenly. An inheritance also has limits, like with Angel. Even with one of the strongest inheritances in the Universe, she still has to creep up the ladder slowly. So, there is only one explanation left.'

'A transmigrator or reincarnator with the World's assistance. Maybe a system or some sort of unmatched treasure.'

Tatyana looked at Yasenia stealthily and saw her golden eyes shining with vigor. Her own lips quirked in a smile. 'Well, my little treasure won't lose to these people. Even if she crosses them, I'm confident in her chances of winning or befriending them.'

Shortly after, they finally crossed wooden white double doors.

The room they entered was big enough to hold even fifty people in a meeting.

The floor was made of white marble covered by stylish brown carpets. The luxurious furniture was wooden, giving the whole room a rustic feeling.

The room's color palette was a mix of browns, whites, and gold, increasing the feeling of wealth and prosperity. The couch and chairs were black, increasing the formality of the place.

'A nice room.' Yasenia thought.

It was quite a beautiful room.

They all walked toward the center of the room and sat on the comfortable-looking sofas, facing each other.

Yasenia sat with Cecile and Kali at her sides. Angel and Evelyn stood behind Kali and Cecile respectively, their postures relaxed, but there was an air of solemnity. Tatyana was behind Yasenia, softly massaging her shoulders.