Chapter 542. Confrontation. Coraline vs Tatyana.

Coraline felt like she had fallen in the middle of a terrifying aura storm, but she still kept a dignified face and demeanor.

After taking a deep breath, Coraline asked. "What are you? You are not human. This aura of pure death and oppression is not something anyone should be able ever to hold."

Tatyana's expression became colder, and her voice gained a phantasmal undertone. "Coraline, this eminence has asked a question. Answer it."

The words appeared to have weight. Coraline felt as if each letter pronounced by Tatyana struck her soul and forced her to submit further.

The only thing saving her from directly submitting was her extremely high cultivation in comparison. 'Should I fight? I can feel that although the aura is immense, the strength appears to be weak. It's like a lantern magnified to seem like the Sun.'

'We are in an allied relationship. This question must be extremely important, so they are recurring to these intimidation methods. Even if I answer truthfully, I lose nothing. However, this might spark hatred...'

'Moreover, if I relent now. I might have to concede another time.'

Coraline took a deep breath. 'Think about Ebirah.'

With her daughter in mind, Coraline decided to answer the question, not fight. "First, I'll say that my reason to lie was to avoid sparking hatred in Yasenia."

After saying that, she explained. "Many powers use dragons that are not beast humans as materials. A dragon's body is a treasure, from its scales to its tears. The higher the bloodline level and cultivation realm, the more profitable and precious their parts are."

"I heard tales that Hero Distancia hunted the strongest dragons to create armor and weapons for his followers during the great war against humans. Most of those relics were broken during the war, but if you see any high-level dragon-related weapon, accessory, or armor, they were probably made back then."

"Nowadays, dragons have weakened enough that powers have already forgotten about them. It would take a miracle to happen if a dragon reached the Mystical level bloodline, which is three realms below the Divine beast level bloodline."

Coraline looked at Yasenia deeply. "But you've appeared. So, a few factions might start a new hunt and covet you. If any group ever decides to try and get you, since they know how precious Dragons are, they will aim to capture you and create a farm for dragon parts."

Yasenia was stunned while Tatyana's expression grimaced. Dragon hunting also happened in the Sky Continent, but dragons there had already evolved enough to fend for themselves. If the dragon race caught any power in any dragon-hunting operations, they would be swarmed by them until that power disappeared.

Tatyana more or less knew the answer, but she asked nonetheless. "Why did you hide it?"

Coraline sighed, trying to release the anxiousness gripping her heart. It was a stressful sensation knowing that you could beat someone but feeling powerless and suppressed by them.

The Lobster Queen explained. "I didn't want Yasenia to worry too much or to incite her anger and revenge for her kin. Her current position and relations make her much less suitable for being a target. Moreover, because she has a tail, most people think Yasenia is a beast human, so there is no immediate danger. Furthermore, if I tell you about this and in the future Yasenia grows enough and challenges the beast human factors, I would feel guilty."

Tatyana stopped using her intent, and the surroundings returned to normal.

Ghana and Drasha took a deep breath, looking at Tatyana with surprise and a hint of terror in their eyes.