Chapter 573. Mysterious Force And People Not Controlling Their Mouths.

An hour later, the time for the auction to start was approaching. Having spoken enough with these powers, Yasenia and Tengliu moved toward the VIP room, followed by Carbira, Ghana, Cecile, and Tatyana.

"Child, do you prefer to go to my room or to yours? Although I've previously said that I preferred mine because it is better, you might want to go to yours because you are used to it."

Yasenia asked Carbira. "Is there that much of a difference?"

Carbira nodded and then shook her head. "The top thirteen VIP rooms are reserved for the top ten of the thirty-three clans, nine sects, and three empires that might come to our Auction house. The fourteen, your room, and those until the fiftieth are assigned to the top powers or ones who contribute the most."

Cecile blinked. "The math doesn't check out for the first thirteen rooms."

"Well, the VIP rooms from the fourteenth to twenty-third are also for that, but the top thirteen have discounts, benefits, and other services the others do not have. The reason is that there is a hierarchy even between the top powers. Moreover, our auction house is allied with a few, so we give preferential treatment to those close to us. Lady Tengliu's race is one of them. She has the ninth VIP room."

Tengliu blinked, confused. "Do I have dealings with this auction house?"

Carbira opened and closed her mouth several times, but she didn't know what to say.

Yasenia laughed. "Maybe there has been someone that has been impersonating you, Aunty Tengliu."

Tengliu snorted and used a communication device for a few seconds. "Hm... I see. It was thirty-one years ago. No wonder I don't have a recollection of it. Those years were somewhat chaotic."

Curiosity tickled our dragoness, and she asked. "What happened?"

Tengliu frowned. "We found some strange beings, quite strong. However, before we could attack them, they left."

Cecile was confused. "Strange beings?"

Tengliu nodded. "Dark grey skin with white markings."

Tatyana's aura got out of control for a moment, showing a wave of killing intent that froze the rest for a second.

Even Yasenia was affected by the momentary loss of control and asked with a stutter. "W-What happened, Mom?"

Tatyana frowned and shook her head. "Nothing. It's not something you can do something about, even if you know. You are too weak." Yasenia flinched a little at her brusqueness.

"Tengliu, if you have any news about those things, tell me.... Also, is the discovery of those things recent, or did you discover them much earlier?"

Tengliu frowned. "It shouldn't have been more than a century or two since the first sightings."

Tatyana crossed her arms and pondered in her head for a few seconds. The others didn't speak and waited obediently.

Her eyebrows relaxed, and she nodded. "Hm. I see. It's quite recent. Let's go to the VIP room. Number nine, was it?"

Carbira saw that Tatyana was asking her, and she hastily nodded.

Yasenia grabbed Tatyana's arm and used her ultimate technique: Tail wags and puppy eyes while hugging her arm between her voluminous chest.

"Can you please tell me, Mom?"

"Of course... Not! Don't brainwash your mother with your cuteness!" Tatyana's brain almost malfunctioned and agreed.

Yasenia sighed. "Since this didn't work, you really won't say."

The other four felt their eyebrows twitching. 'How was Tatyana able to not react to that sneak attack? I had the impulse to tell her myself even when I didn't know the answer!'