Chapter 413. Ghana's and City Lord's confrontation.

Author Note: Sorry, dears, I forgot to upload!

************************

Ghana looked at Yasenia's back until they left and turned toward Leader Fu. 'Now, it is time for me to cut things cleanly. I can't let Lady Yasenia wait. Maybe, I can catch up to her before she leaves the building.'

Leader Fu also turned to look at Ghana, his eyes cold.

Ghana looked back without fear. Her posture was straight, with her wings folded before her.

Leader Fu felt the alienation in her eyes and was momentarily startled. In the past, although she wasn't receptive, there was always a servile attitude in her movements.

However, that had changed. Ghana was looking at him as if he weren't her superior. His eyes became stormy, and he used a coercive aura to pressure Ghana. "Why did you enter with that woman? With your presence as a witness, we could extort them of more resources! Not to mention, you didn't give us an advantage when explaining the situation!"

Ghana internally shook her head. 'Does he still not understand, or is he pretending, thinking I won't have the courage to step forward?'

Ghana smiled with an indifferent tone. "Sorry, City Lord, their Matriarch told me to enter so I couldn't say no. If I were to deny her after her insistence, she might have become unhappy."

Fu Liang didn't buy it and snorted. "So what? They may be powerful. However, I don't believe they have the guts to really do something! Didn't they end up giving us very generous compensation? Why would they do so if they weren't afraid of us?"

Ghana sighed and looked at her with disapproval. "Fu Liang."

The woman interrupted. "It's miss First Secretary for you, Ghana."

Ghana shook her head and looked at Leader Fu. "Fu Hao, I'm willing to explain some things on the account that although your intentions were clear, you didn't overstep your boundaries and never physically molested me."

They both were surprised when Ghana called him by his full name. "The Matriarch of the Astral Sky Clan is not simple. They are not afraid of spending wealth to deal with bothersome matters. However, one of their members didn't even hesitate to attack a Nine Sect Elder right before your son, Fu Yu."

Their hearts trembled in an instant. Fu Hao asked aloud. "Why didn't I receive-"

"You did." Interrupted Ghana.

"When did I receive-?" He paused and looked to the side.

Fu Liang maintained her calm but was internally nervous. Intending to lower Ghana's position even further, she had previously destroyed Ghana's reports.

One of the reports wrote all the details, but when she rewrote it to gain merit, she skipped this part because she thought it would upset Fu Hao to know that Fu Yu was slighted.

Fu Hao seemed to notice something wrong but didn't say anything. Ghana saw that even when Fu Liang hid something so important, he intended to let it pass.

The last warmth in her brown eyes disappeared in the wind.

Leader Fu sneered. "I didn't receive any reports, so expect to be demoted further Ghana."

Fu Hao continued. "Moreover, you'll also be punished for acting by your account in many recent situations. You don't know what kind of plans I have, so going against my orders for what "you thought" was best is a big mistake!"

Ghana wanted to refute, but he had a point there.

His orders were clear, and she went against them. Although her intentions were good, she had indeed not followed his orders.