Chapter 506. First Part of the Alchemy Competition. Kali's charm.

"The Alchemy Competition is divided into five steps. The first one will be theoretical knowledge; the second one will be sensory sensitivity; the third will be about flame control; the fourth we'll check your visual knowledge while spotting different varieties of plants; finally, we'll give you a recipe and ask you to create the pill in the time stipulated."

Kali listened attentively. Since she was a beast human, no one bothered her as they did with the other girls.

Moreover, her quiet and distant aura made her unapproachable. Hence, Elder Mu's junior didn't come to speak with her as they did with Andrea.

Kali waited beside her desk and heard the judge explain. "On your tables, you'll see a small book. That is the question book. From this moment forward, you are allowed to open it and answer every question in the book. If the answer is exactly the theoretical one, it will be automatically checked. If it is not, we have a team of five seniors, including me, who will help correct all questions answered."

Kali approached the book calmly and took the writing pen to the side. Then, she read the first question.

"What plant grows in poisonous biomes but helps purify the air? Note: The color of this plant is pink, and it has six flower petals arranged like a cup."

Kali answered instantly. "[Lifeline Dream Whisper]."

Her letters changed from black to blue. 'The beginning guideline says this is an automatically correct answer. Purple means that it is still on hold. Black means that it is an incorrect answer.'

Valeria looked from Kali's soul and smiled. 'Should I help you?'

Kali laughed. 'If you help, it loses its meaning. Although, if they correct me incorrectly, you are more than welcome to inform me.'

Valeria nodded and looked closely.

Kali continued answering questions, and some were marked as purple. However, she didn't mind and continued writing.

When she finished, the final note out of 500 appeared on the book's cover.

Kali looked and saw a 455 appearing. 'Huh? So low?'

Valeria said. 'Check the book.'

Kali did so, and they found the first incorrect answer. The question was. "Is the mixing of [Whispering rose] and [Mourning Lily] possible?"

Kali answered positively to the question. However, they marked it as wrong, puzzling Kali and Valeria.

Kali and Valeria realized that most of Kali's "mistakes" were incorrectly marked as incorrect. Valeria only identified two correct corrections among all the marked answers.

Therefore, Kali's final score out of 500 should be 498, not 455.

Kali looked in Yasenia's direction and sent a mental message. 'Yasenia.'

'Hm? What's wrong, love? How did you do in the first exam?'

'455.'

Yasenia frowned. 'Ha? That low? Are you feeling okay, honey? Do you feel weary from yesterday night?'

Kali laughed. 'Not at all. Valeria and I checked, and I should have a 498. Do we tell the judge that they are mistaken?'

Yasenia was surprised and frowned. Finally, she said. 'Do not correct them. Your position is honestly redundant since Angel has achieved our goals already. Moreover, even if they evaluate you incorrectly, you can finish in the top group and show your strength properly.'

Kali was about to nod when she heard Yasenia continue. 'Of course, if you feel slighted, that changes everything. I can even speak with those seniors and tell them about it.'