{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Twenty-Three: Looking for Light II

At the end of the moon, You rise to your feet and walk towards the cardinals' room. Seraphine speaks to You.

Seraphine: This is it... We're finally going to end the war, and then we'll be able to bring peace to the continent. Honestly, it doesn't even seem real, but I know that it is.

You say that You are determined to end up victorious from this fight.

Seraphine: I had a feeling you were going to say that, and I'm glad to hear it. Now, how about we go and see how the rest of the Golden Deer are doing? I'm sure that they're waiting for us to set out, and I know that I'm excited for what's to come.

You nod your agreement before arriving in the cardinals' room. The Golden Deer are gathered inside.

Raithius: It's good to see you all here, guys. This is going to be our final battle, and I want us to be ready for it. Are there any other lingering concerns before we set out?

Cedric: I know that all of the other soldiers are ready. I finished preparations just before coming here to meet with you all.

Wolfgang: Derdriu is still under lockdown, so it shouldn't be all that hard for us to sneak in and take him out.

Lev: I'm nervous for the fight, but... I know that this is for the best. We're going to do what we have to in order to save everyone from this war.

Jill: This is the end of everything we've been working towards for the past five years. It's about time, honestly.

Adeline: I'm counting on all of you to stay safe during the rest of this fight. I want to make sure that you all turn out alright.

Sofia: Exactly. We can't celebrate if something happens to any of us, and I'm not going to lose you all now.

William: I doubt that anyone will go out of their way to find trouble. We're going to be alright. We can handle this.

Novalee: Let's get going. Derdriu is waiting for us, and I'm ready to show that man what we're capable of. He started a war, and it's his fault for strengthening us so that we could strike back.

Raithius: It's time for us to set out. We can do this, everyone. The war ends today, and it will be by our hands!

The journey to Derdriu begins soon afterwards. You follow the Golden Deer there, and when You arrive, You stay close to Raithius.

Raithius: Everyone, fan out and get ready. I'm going to try and confront him head on. Nova, you're with me. As soon as you're all prepared, we'll jump into battle, and he won't know what hit him.

You watch as the rest of the Golden Deer spread out.

Novalee: You're going to try and figure out why he's been doing all of this, aren't you?

Raithius: I am. There's a lot that I want to know, and I think it would be for the best if we had the others cover the rest of the battlefield to ensure he doesn't try to pull anything over us.

Novalee: Understood. Professor, come with us. We have to take care of things once and for all.

You nod your understanding and follow the two closer to the castle of Derdriu. When You arrive outside the building, You begin to look around for signs of Julius.

Seraphine: Is he even in this area? I'm starting to worry that Raithius will never get the chance to hear about the real reason that his father went this far, and I hate that idea... He deserves this much after how much Julius has made him suffer both in the past few years and the recent handful of months.