{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Twenty: Union II

At the end of the moon, You are sleeping soundly in your room when You hear a sudden set of knocks at your door. You awaken immediately and move to see who it is. Seraphine speaks in the back of your mind.

Seraphine: Who could be coming to see us...? As far as I know, there wasn't a mission for us to take care of this month... The search is still going on to find Julius Origo...

You open the door and see Novalee standing outside.

Novalee: Professor, you need to come at once. The monastery is under attack, and we'll need to move quickly if we want to stay safe.

Novalee dashes off. You respond with shock.

Seraphine: No way...! Let's see what's going on!

You follow Novalee to the cardinals' room. The rest of the Golden Deer are waiting there, and panic seems to live in the air.

Raithius: We're sure that this is actually happening?

Sofia: I would say so. The Canis Mafia is marching on Garreg Mach.

Adeline: Wolfgang, I thought you were supposed to be keeping them under control...

Lev: She would never betray us, so this must be out of her control.

Cedric: I highly doubt that she would have them come this way... It would put her in danger.

Wolfgang: I'm glad that you trust me that much. You're right. I didn't do this.

William: In other words, they're going against your demands for some reason...

Jill: Is there anyone who they'd want to listen to aside from you?

Wolfgang: There's only one person, but I'd rather not think about that right now. Besides, we're going to have to go and defend the monastery. I don't have time to talk about all of that.

Cedric: As curious as I am to hear the truth, you likely have a point. I want to make sure that we're able to keep Garreg Mach safe.

Jill: In that case, we should set up a defensive perimeter around the area. We can't let them get inside.

Novalee: I agree completely. We're all going to have to block the first gate. I'll leave other soldiers to take care of the rest.

William: That sounds like a plan. We should get out there as soon as possible. They could be trying to break down our door at any moment.

Lev: The rest of the soldiers are only going to be able to hold them off for so long... I have a bad feeling about this.

Adeline: Now isn't the time to hesitate. We have too much on the line to wait for them to break through.

Sofia: I agree with Adeline. Raithius, are you ready for us to go? We're waiting for your command.

Raithius: Let's go. Stay safe out there, everyone. We have to defend the monastery, and we can't let them break through. We're going to be victorious in this battle!

You and the rest of the Golden Deer head outside as quickly as You possibly can. You glance around the area and cringe upon seeing more enemies than You can count. There are many members of the Canis Mafia scattered around the area, and You know that it won't be easy to keep them all at bay. You see no commander in sight, so You decide to put your efforts into defending the entrance to the monastery. The objective is to defend the monastery for fifteen turns against numerous reinforcements from the Canis Mafia.