{Part One: White Clouds} In Defense of Home (Gabriel x Ansel)

While visiting Abyss, You see Gabriel and Ansel talking to one another.

Gabriel: You know, I haven't been able to stop thinking about the people who attacked Abyss a while back.

Ansel: I remember that... It was a hot mess, and Abyss got exposed to people above the surface for the first time in ages.

Gabriel: We were able to resolve the issue for the time being, but the fact remains that there's a lot for us to find out. Abyss is safe right now, but who can say how long that will last when they come crawling out of their holes again?

Ansel: We got rid of the person in charge. I doubt that they're going to want to attack us again unless they're incredibly stupid. Then again, knowing them, they very well might be...

Gabriel: This isn't me saying that I want something like that to happen again, but... I would like to officially settle everything once and for all.

Ansel: I would as well. If they try anything, I'll just have to take them out. It's the least they deserve after all that they did to cause problems for us.

Gabriel: Perhaps it would be best if we didn't wish to see them again... I don't want to run into any trouble in the first place, you know? If we're meant to see them again, then we will, but until that happens, we should try to enjoy peace now that we finally have it. After all, it took some time to reach that point.

Ansel: Alright, you might have a point... Doesn't mean I can't think about beating them up though.

You approach them.

Gabriel: Greetings, Professor. How much of that discussion did you happen to hear?

You admit that You heard most of it.

Ansel: Eavesdropping is no good, you know.

Gabriel: Let's be honest with ourselves here, Professor Veretie... You do it more than the professor ever could.

Ansel: No need to be so harsh...

Gabriel: All that aside, Professor, I have to ask... Do you think that we'll ever run into those guys again?

You open your mouth to respond, but You are cut off by a loud noise coming from elsewhere in Abyss.

Gabriel: What was that?

Ansel: It was truly a frightening sound... I wonder where it could have come from. Perhaps we should go and investigate it now.

Gabriel: That sounds like a good idea. Let's get going.

You follow Ansel and Gabriel to a series of tunnels just outside Abyss. You glance around to see if You can find the source of the sound, and You eventually realize what it was.

Gabriel: Speak of the devil...

Ansel: Those soldiers look exactly like the ones who caused so many problems for us in the first place...

Gabriel: They do, as a matter of fact... We were just talking about them potentially showing themselves, and they did...

Ansel: I was right in assuming that we would wind up running into them again then! Ha!

Gabriel: I don't think that's something to be bragging about... We have to ensure that they don't get into Abyss.

Ansel: We've dealt with so many near-invasions at this point... I think that we have to be professionals at taking care of people like that by now!