{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Twenty-Two: Fangs Crumble II

You wake up at the end of the moon, and Seraphine speaks to You.

Seraphine: Let's go and see how the Golden Deer are doing. Maybe they've found a clue about where Raithius' father is. Even if they haven't figured anything new out, it wouldn't hurt to drop by and see how they're doing.

You nod your agreement and walk to the cardinals' room. When You arrive, You are surprised to see that all of the Golden Deer are standing inside. Calypso is with them. You ask what is going on.

Calypso: The remains of the Canis Mafia are up and moving again. These should be the last few fighters, but I believe that we should still move towards them and see what's going on. The sooner we knock them out, the better.

Wolfgang: Plus, they've been working with Bazler, and even if he's gone, we know for sure that he was allied with Malice. They could know something about where our perpetrator has disappeared to.

Cedric: I believe that following through with this attack would be for the best then... I hope that we'll be able to figure something new out today. I'm getting tired of waiting for something new to be uncovered.

Adeline: Judging by this map, we should be heading into Alliance territory again today. It's been a few moons since we went there... In fact, we haven't marched in Leicester since my parents were defeated.

Jill: It makes sense that the remnants of Canis would be there. After all, that's where they've been operating for years now, and it doesn't seem likely that they'd move somewhere else if they made an attempt to oppose us.

Lev: Given that we've claimed the rest of the surrounding space though, I would say that we're going to be able to defeat them with relative ease... Of course, we should still remain on guard, but we will have the advantage.

William: That's true... I guess we'll simply have to see how the fight pans out. Luckily for us, the rest of the group should already be prepared for us to head out. Everyone's been getting a bit stir crazy.

Sofia: It's a bit upsetting that all of us have found a way to look forward to and dread battles at the same time in the past five years, but I suppose there's nothing for us to do about it now. We need to go and take care of Canis as soon as possible.

Novalee: I've already alerted the other members of our group. They're going to be ready soon, and when they are prepared, we'll be moving into Leicester as soon as possible. There's too much for us to get done to back down now.

Raithius: I'm glad that we all understand our objective for the day then. Now, let's go and finish getting ourselves ready for the coming fight. We can't afford to slip up now, but I'm sure you were already aware of that. Either way, let's roll.

The Golden Deer leave the room, and Calypso follows them. You suspect that she is going to finish preparations for the rest of the fight. You look down at the map briefly, and a smile appears on your face as Seraphine speaks.

Seraphine: Look at how much progress we've made since coming here... I never would have imagined that something like this would be possible. I mean, when we first showed up again, everything was falling apart. These days, it seems as if the world is finally being stitched back together. Even if we didn't see the chaos of it, I think that we still felt how disastrous everything was.

You nod your agreement.

Seraphine: We need to help them finish this war before we can take a breath to relax though. We're so close, and... I can't wait to finally see everything go back to normal. It seems like we never got the chance to actually see peace. Before, we didn't remember anything, and after we settled into life, everything crumbled around us. I'm going to look forward to this, and I think it's going to keep me moving forward even as we deal with these difficult times.