{Part One: White Clouds} Chapter Five: Beneath the Surface II (Black Eagles)

At the end of the month, You stand in the Black Eagles homeroom with the class.

Chris: Alright... So, we need to go and find Florence, right?

Polly: Right now, the general consensus is that something is going on inside the garden.

Tuncay: In that case, what are we waiting for? Let's just get in there.

Hegias: We need to wait for a bit longer... Somebody is actually going to be joining us for today.

Aquillus: That's right... I wasn't sure if it was true, but it must be if I wasn't the only one who heard it.

Zelhira: I'm afraid I don't understand...

Callisto: And there she is now.

The door opens as Cordelia enters the room.

Cordelia: Well, let's jump right into this. We've got some people to save.

Chris: You... You're the knight captain, right?

Cordelia: I am. Captain Torryn reporting for duty. The archbishop asked that I come with you on this mission to make sure nothing went horribly wrong. If there are no further objections, then we can get going now.

Chris: Okay... Off we go then.

You leave the classroom to head in the direction of the garden. Seraphine walks at your side.

Seraphine: If the garden is really the place where everything happened, then let's hope nothing bad happens to us here... I don't want to be the next victim of kidnapping.

You stop in front of a large bush in the garden. Cordelia points to it and shakes her head.

Cordelia: Unnatural... Something is going on here. This doesn't seem like it belongs. It's so much bigger than everything else in the area, but they should be the same age and same size.

Cordelia parts the greenery, and inside, You see a secret passage.

Tuncay: Damn... That's a hallway.

Aquillus: Looks like we've found something worth investigating.

Cordelia: I heard people saying that there was something wrong in the garden, but I didn't expect this.

Callisto: Why are we still standing around up here? Florence and Professor Wessin need us down there.

Polly: I must agree. We can't wait any longer.

Cordelia starts into the passage.

Cordelia: It's much larger than you'd expect... I mean, the opening is pretty small, but once you get down here, it's huge... And it's old, too.

Hegias: Where did it come from? How long has it been here?

Zelhira: The monastery is old enough to be filled with countless passages like this. It's almost a thousand years old, meaning that nobody alive right now was around for its construction. There are enough secrets here that they would take multiple decades to uncover.

Chris: I guess we'll just have to be the first ones to jump in there then...

Polly: If it really opens up as much as Captain Torryn says, we have no reason to be so afraid of the tight space...

Hegias: We'll be fine... Let's go.

The rest of the students go inside of the passage, and You take up the rear.