{Part One: White Clouds} Chapter Six: Tainted Memories (Ashen Wolves)

You descend into Abyss while exploring the monastery. You begin to look around to see if You can find any of the Ashen Wolves.

You first encounter Ansel standing in the library, and You approach them.

Ansel: I wouldn't say I know all that much about politics, but even I know about the assassination of the Stomm family. It stirred up quite a few issues, you know... If Malice really was involved with that, then they surely have hell waiting for them when the royal family captures its members.

You leave the library and enter the Wilting Rose Inn. You see two people inside, but You decide to approach Tsubasa first.

Tsubasa: Nobody down here knows a thing about what happened to the Stomm family. Nobody really had any ill will towards them, so the motive is completely known. Whoever went after them either did it to target the royal family or to do something with a petty grudge.

You walk up to Grey next.

Grey: I'm afraid I don't know anything about what happened to the Stomm family. I wish I could answer your questions, but I don't know a thing. Everything happened under mysterious circumstances, as much as I hate to say it. You would expect there to be something left behind, but... There's nothing.

You leave behind the tavern and start walking down Burrow Street. You run into Gabriel.

Gabriel: There are some people who suspect that the former leader of the Leicester Alliance could have something to do with this. He was thought to have died a long time ago, but no body was ever found, so you can take that how you wish. Some believe that he's still alive, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on the matter.

You see Ernst next and approach him.

Ernst: The former leader of Leicester, Julius Origo, was captured after a battle a long time ago... As for who took him, we aren't sure. It happened, but it's just as much of a mystery as the Stomm family massacre was. People have been researching for a long time, but it always comes up short...

You approach the final person on Burrow Street, Saias.

Saias: Malice is involved with all sorts of illegal activities, right? I wonder how deep their reach truly goes... If they're in all three countries on the continent, then everyone could be in trouble... Just thinking about what they're capable of doing with all that power makes me feel a little sick...

You move to Chrysalis Row, seeing Taiyin in the girls' dorm room.

Taiyin: If the Stomm family was really killed due to their connections to the royal family of Leicester... Doesn't that mean the rest of us are in danger? We're hanging around the future sovereign duke like it's no big deal, but this could be a problem.

You assure Taiyin that it's fine.

Taiyin: I sure hope you're right...

You enter the Ashen Wolves classroom next and see Quinn speaking with Eli.

Quinn: The massacre of an entire family... That hits a bit too close to home, does it not?

Eli: Yeah... It does.

Quinn: I'm sorry you need to be reminded of such tragedies like this.

Eli: It's alright. There was no way for anybody to know that I would be reminded of the past like that.

Quinn: Are you sure?

Eli: I'm just going to take this month one step at a time. If I need anything, I'll be sure to tell you. I know you're going to offer.

Quinn: You know me well... Just be careful, alright?

Eli: Of course.

You finally move to the Pagan Altar, seeing Magnus standing in front of it.

Magnus: A military general was killed years ago? I'm sure he was known for being a brute. Raw strength means nothing without the means to harness it. Many people think that they can contain their own power only to be proven that they are wrong. Once again, history repeats itself.

After You finish looking around Abyss, You head back to the surface to continue looking around the monastery. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm bad at author's notes

-Digital