{Part Two: Azure Moon} Chapter Twenty-Two: Destiny's Approach II

At the conclusion of the moon, You make your way to the cardinals' room. Seraphine speaks to You along the way.

Seraphine: Here's to hoping that this is one of the last times that we have to actually engage in combat... I'm starting to get exhausted of all the fighting, though I know that I'm not the only one. We're getting closer to the final battle. Who can say what will wait for us there? Will we be able to find peace, or will the last encounter end in war? There isn't a way for us to say quite yet, I suppose...

You arrive at the cardinals' room, and Seraphine falls silent. The Blue Lions are inside already just as You anticipated.

Magnolia: Alright. Our informants have passed on a message that the enemy's troops are already marching closer to the monastery. That means that now is our best chance at striking back.

Nora: If we wanted to go for a defensive route, then we would want to stay here, but that isn't our aim today. We have to defeat the troops once and for all if we want to truly end the war, and this is our chance.

Reese: This right here should mark the point where our two groups come to clash against one another. It's an open field with very few terrain advantages, so we're going to have to rely on our own natural strength.

Illona: Luckily for us, it seems to me like we have more than enough power at our disposal, so we shouldn't need to worry about what the enemy is capable of... That's what I'm hoping for, at the very least.

Kyle: I suppose that we won't know until after we get to see the enemy up close and personal, though that's to be expected. I take it that all of our preparations are already finished. We've had more than enough time to take care of business.

Cassia: And we shouldn't linger for any longer than we already have. If we mean to truly make contact at the marked point, then we have to move out as soon as we can manage. We can't have the enemy getting the upper hand on us, after all.

Karim: I'm glad that I spent all that time focusing on inventory then. It certainly spares us a few minutes. If we head for the main gates now, everybody should be prepared. I can't imagine that they'd have gotten too distracted.

Aestlyn: Let's go on and take that as our cue then. There's not much left to the war, and I want to get this over and done with as soon as possible, let me tell you. If we can wipe out all of the enemies who are in this area, it should be smooth sailing from here.

Falon: We shouldn't get too distracted by our own thoughts of strength though. We have to be as careful as we can to make sure that nothing too bad happens. Let's go and see what our foes have to offer us.

Luciana: Without further ado, we march for Faerghus. Time is of the essence, and we can't afford to waste more than we already have. Do your best to stay safe and out of danger, everyone.

Magnolia: Exactly. Let's get to it!

You watch as the Blue Lions stream out of the room, and You trail after them quietly. As soon as You arrive outside of the monastery, You begin your march in the direction of your destination. The Blue Lions lead the way, and You focus primarily on making progress for quite some time afterwards.

When You finally arrive at your destination, You glance around and see that, just as You were told previously, the battlefield is an open field with few truly notable traits. You can see a mass of dark figures moving on the horizon, and You immediately come to suspect that they are your foes.

Magnolia: It seems to me like our predictions were right on target. We know what we have to do. Fall into position, everyone!

Luciana: I don't believe that I see anyone notable among the enemy faction. We're a great distance away, so details are difficult to glean, but...