{Part I: White Clouds} Chapter One: Garreg Mach IV (Blue Lions)

A little over a week after You arrived at the monastery, the day of the mock battle has arrived. You walk into your homeroom where all of your students are already standing with Reese.

Magnolia: The mock battle has arrived... The real hard part starts here.

Falon: We are totally going to win this!

Magnolia: I still don't understand the competitive aspect of it. We're all meant to be working together.

Reese: Some healthy competition is good... At the very least, that's what Jill tells me.

Aestlyn: We're going to pull this off! I know it!

Cassia: I still don't see the point of having a mock battle when we all need to train, but... I suppose there is nothing we can do.

Illona: P-Please say you know what you're doing, Professor...

Karim: I'm sure we don't have anything to worry about. We're an awesome group, and our teachers were hired for a reason.

Nora: You can handle it, Professor.

Kyle: Let's go out there and do our best. If we perform well enough, maybe I'll wind up with a few dates... Sounds like a dream.

Falon: I don't think you should be boasting about such a thing, Kyle.

Kyle: Don't judge me, Falon. I just know how to appreciate beauty when I see it.

Illona: Either way, we should probably head out to the battlefield...

Resse: Derric is set to be overlooking the match to ensure no one is badly injured.

Magnolia: Since he's a knight, he's bound to judge everyone fairly in the battle. That's what knights do.

Aestlyn: There's no time to waste. Let's do this!

Nora: If you insist...

Karim: We've got this!

You and the students walk to the door. Magnolia walks beside You.

Magnolia: No need to worry. We all trust you and know you're a strong leader.

You nod and follow the students and Reese out to the battlefield. The mock battle is set to take place in a large field with minimal terrain and a few trees.

Derric: This field will be the scene of our mock battle this year. You all will fight in an organized manner, not trying to kill each other, but instead just trying to force a retreat. Nobody here will die, if you were concerned about such a thing. This will allow the professors, who will fight alongside you, to learn where you are as students and what to focus on in the future when training you. All students will participate in this fight to accurately gauge skill. With that said, it's time to begin. Make your final preparations now.

The battle begins around You. You stand with the Blue Lions and Reese. The other houses stand with their own professors. You lead your students in combat, telling them who to attack and when.

If anyone aside from Raithius or You initiates combat with Chris, this dialogue will play out.

Chris: I'm not a fan of needless fighting, but I will give my all regardless!

If Magnolia initiates combat with Chris, this dialogue will play out.

Magnolia: You're doing a pretty good job so far, but... My house is counting on me.