{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Thirteen: Strife by Dusk

You feel somewhat drowsy when You next open your eyes. You are in a place that You do not recognize, cloaked in darkness. You glance around, curious as to what could have gotten You there.

???: At long last... You awaken.

You follow your ears to see who spoke to You. Eventually, your gaze falls on a familiar yet different figure that stands nearby.

Seraphine: A lot has changed, wouldn't you say?

Seraphine has grown much taller since the last time You saw her, now nearly rivaling You in height. Her green hair is lengthy as it was before with pink and white ribbons braided into it. A golden tiara sits atop her head. She wears a purple dress with a pink cape that flows behind her legs. Mint green gloves cover her arms, and turquoise fabric wraps around both of her wrists to connect near her back. A golden belt is wrapped around her waist. You are taken aback by her shift in appearance compared to the last time You saw her.

Seraphine: I suppose I have grown up just as much as you have... Much has happened since we first used Divine Pulse on ourselves back at Garreg Mach...

You gasp and ask where the monastery is.

Seraphine: It's outside, if I had to guess... You've been dormant for a long time. I don't even know how much time has passed, if I'm honest... Look at yourself when you get the chance, alright? You're different.

You question her on what she means.

Seraphine: There's no time for that now. The rest of the world awaits you... I can't walk at your side anymore, but I will always be here. Never forget that.

The world begins to morph and fade away, and darkness covers your vision. When You next open your eyes, You find that You are somewhere else. You are on the ground, laying in gentle grass and looking up at the night sky. To the east, the first rays of sun are creeping over the horizon, marking the time of day as early morning. You slowly rise to your feet, the sound of rushing water filling your ears. You see a river nearby, and You walk towards it cautiously. When You arrive beside it, your eyes go wide as You see your reflection has changed. Your hair has changed from a deep teal to a bright mint color. Seraphine's voice echoes in your mind.

Seraphine: Yes... You have changed. I assume it was Divine Pulse that did this to you.

You look up and see what else is around You. It is clear that You are in a small town, but something about it feels familiar. Your gaze rises to see something on a nearby peak, and You recognize it as the monastery.

Seraphine: Go. Maybe your students are waiting for you there.

You immediately set off running, feeling Sirius at your side as You sprint towards Garreg Mach Monastery. Your heart pounds in your chest as You grow nearer to the building.

When You arrive, it is clear to see that the building has changed. No people can be seen anywhere, and overgrown plants are everywhere. You wonder what happened to the monastery while You were asleep.

Seraphine: I'm not sure... The last thing I remember before you fell asleep was the battle at the monastery. That was when war broke out... Perhaps it's still going on...

You continue to navigate through the monastery, and You see the Goddess Tower in the distance. As You get closer to it, You see a figure darting past the window. Suspicious, You begin to climb the stairs to see what awaits You on the top level.

A person can be seen looking out the window, and You watch him carefully. His blue hair reaches his lower shoulder blades, and a yellow cape with the symbol of the Leicester Alliance sewn into it falls over his back. He wears brown boots and has two swords hanging from sheaths at his waist. As he turns, You notice that he is wearing a blue chestplate with the Crest of Riegan carved into its surface. He wears a green tunic beneath this with black trousers. A warm smile crosses the face of your old student.