{Part Two} Abandoned Ties (Sofia x Cedric)

While walking through the monastery, You encounter Sofia and Cedric. They are engaged in a deep conversation, and You decide not to interrupt due to the apparent solemn nature of what they are discussing.

Cedric: Are you sure this is a good idea, Sofia?

Sofia: I wouldn't have suggested it to you if I didn't think that it would be able to help us out, Cedric. You don't have enough faith in me.

Cedric: That's not it at all... I guess that I've just been a bit concerned about the potential outcome of what's to come.

Sofia: Well, you shouldn't be. Worst case scenario, we're wrong, and then we just keep on with our lives as if none of this ever happened.

Cedric: I suppose that you're right...

You approach the two and ask them what is going on.

Sofia: Ah, Professor... I didn't expect for you to be joining us on such short notice.

Cedric: As for what we're discussing... It's... Um...

Sofia: We're going to visit with my mother. That's all you need to know.

Cedric: There are a few matters that we wish to investigate, and we believe that she will be able to offer us the answers that we need.

Sofia: We're probably going to head out now, if that's alright with you.

Cedric: I'm sure that you have more important things to do than watch over us to make sure that we stay out of trouble.

You shake your head and say that You would like to accompany them.

Sofia: Seriously? Why?

You tell them that You want to make sure that nothing bad happens while they are out.

Cedric: I suppose that's a rather valid reason... Given the times that we live in, we're dealing with quite a bit, and there would be some extra safety in going with large numbers.

Sofia: Okay, okay... Let's do it. As long as none of them get too involved with our personal business, I suppose it should be alright. I feel like they know better than to cross that line regardless...

Cedric: I'll look forward to seeing you again soon, Professor.

You watch as Sofia and Cedric both leave to prepare for the journey to come. You do the same.

A few hours later, You find yourself walking through an isolated area of the Alliance. The space is far from any major cities, and You cannot help but feel oddly alone in this sheltered space.

Cedric: Is this really where your mother lives, Sofia...?

Sofia: It is, as a matter of fact. She moved out here after the war started since she figured that isolation would work out best for us both. Perhaps she was right to believe such.

Cedric: Then again, if she was trying to avoid Eir and Ruden territory, I guess that hiding out here would be for the best.

Sofia: It wasn't a matter of avoiding Ruden lands. We were exiled. That's completely different... But you might be right about her avoiding Eir territory. I'm not sure. We've never lived anywhere near there. Until the war started, we lived in the same little house for much of our lives.

Cedric: But the fighting made you want to retreat elsewhere?

Sofia: It was less stressful for us both that way. We needed to get away from the rest of the world whether we admitted it or not.