{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Fifteen: Those Who Abandon II

On the day of the mission, You wake up and start to make your way to the cardinals' room. Seraphine speaks to You as You navigate the monastery.

Seraphine: Today's the day... It's our first official mission in Leicester. We're going to have to take out Sofia's father, and... I don't know how I feel about that. I know we're not exactly a professor anymore, but it feels weird to talk so casually about murdering one of our students' relatives, you know?

You nod your understanding.

Seraphine: Still, if he's with Malice, it's not as if we can avoid it. He brought this on himself, I suppose, so it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I just hope it doesn't tear Sofia apart too much. I know it would bother me, and I don't know how she's holding up.

Seraphine stops speaking as You arrive at the cardinals' room. The Golden Deer are waiting for You inside.

Raithius: I'm glad you're here. It's almost time for us to set out.

Adeline: The preparations have all been finished. All that's left is for us to charge through.

Cedric: I feel terrible for having to do this, Sofia... Are you sure you're going to be fine?

Sofia: I keep telling everyone that I'm fine. I don't like him, and I never have.

William: We'll trust your word then... But if you need anything, just say so.

Sofia: Thanks...

Lev: What's the specific strategy? Are we simply going to charge in?

Novalee: Not exactly. We've determined which angle would be best for us to approach from, putting us on top of one of the surrounding hills.

Wolfgang: From there, we can descend upon the estate and kick him out before he has a chance to fight back. Sounds like a perfect plan to me.

Jill: Once again, seizing this point will be key to taking further steps towards victory within Leicester.

Raithius: We can totally handle this. We've dealt with other battles similar to this one in the past, and we're only getting better at fighting as a team. We have everything under control.

Lev: Just don't let your confidence get the better of you. We still have to be careful.

Novalee: Don't worry about that fact. I've been lecturing him about it constantly.

Raithius: And she means lecture... Ugh.

Wolfgang: Fake complaining all you want, Raith. We know how well you two get along.

Cedric: Is now really the time to be discussing such lighthearted matters?

William: Cedric has a point. If we're ready to set out, we should take care of things.

Sofia: Before we go... I want to tell you about one thing. We might run into a younger boy there fighting on the side of the enemy. His name is Conrad.

Adeline: I remember hearing about him... He's the son of the house's lord, if I recall correctly.

Jill: Yes, that's true. I remember learning about his existence not long ago as well.

Sofia: If you see him, don't kill him. He's too young to understand what's going on, and he should be allowed to make his own choices about all of this.

Raithius: Sofia's right. He's still too young to really be marching off to war as far as we're concerned.

Novalee: If he's six years younger than you are, Sofia... That's about the same age that we all were...