{Part One: White Clouds} Chapter Seven: Fangs of Corruption II (Golden Deer)

You arrive at the Golden Deer classroom the day of the mission. Jill and Kaeta are inside with the students and Nesreen.

Jill: Well... I guess it's time for us to go out and take care of business.

Raithius: I'm glad to see you're joining us, Nesreen.

Nesreen: Lady Aisa wants me to learn as much as I can about the Columbus territory and all that it's involved with.

Kaeta: The Canis Mafia is dangerous, and the church needs to know how to approach it.

Novalee: That is a wise decision on her part.

Cedric: This man is not a noble in any way... I can't believe him.

Sofia: Who cares about how noble he is? He's not our target anyways.

Lev: Sofia has a point... We're supposed to be dealing with Malice here.

William: She's right. Getting in too deep with the mafia is asking for disaster.

Adeline: Yeah... They'll do anything to hurt us.

Wolfgang: I'm terrified out of my mind to go back there, to be perfectly honest...

Jill: We don't have any reasons to stay around here when the world at large awaits us. We should head out.

Kaeta: I don't know what to think about any of this, but I know I have a bad feeling about it.

Nesreen: If Lady Aisa wants information, that's what she's going to get.

Raithius: Malice is involved with Columbus, and I'm not going to let them get away with this.

Novalee: Last month didn't earn us any new information, but this is going to be different.

Sofia: Yeah, Nova's right. We're going to go even further beyond this time!

Lev: I just hope we don't die in the process.

Cedric: I heard Lady Aisa sent a message ahead of us to say that the mafia is not at all involved in this investigation.

William: And yet, Nesreen is coming along to check it out... Good way to hide our true intentions, I suppose.

Adeline: Let's go and get this over with... The less time spent there, the better.

Wolfgang: At least we won't have to talk to the mafia.

Jill: I agree... Off we go. Chop, chop.

The students leave with Jill, Nesreen, and Kaeta. You follow after them as Seraphine speaks.

Seraphine: I don't like this at all... In fact, just the idea of doing all this makes me want to scream. Canis is dangerous... That's all I've heard about them, and it's scary... I guess we won't know what to do until after we take them on.

You nod. Soon enough, the party leaves the monastery behind.

You arrive in Columbus territory in Leicester a few hours later. The buildings are all rundown, nearly falling apart. The streets are crowded and dirty. You cringe at the smell of the filth.

Seraphine: It smells rotten... Yuck.

Kaeta: I think I'm going to be sick...

Nesreen: Good old Columbus... Disgusting as always, I see...

Wolfgang: And yet, so many people call this place home...

Lev: I think it's more of where their houses are located than an actual home, if that makes any sense.