{Part Two: Dandelion Wind} Chapter Eighteen: Shattered Ties II

On the day of the mission, You wake up and move towards the cardinals' room as Seraphine speaks to You.

Seraphine: I think I'm feeling a bit better about all of this... Do you think you're ready for this mission?

You nod.

Seraphine: I'm glad you are... I still have a terrible feeling about all of this. I want to think I'm just being paranoid, but we won't know for sure until after the attack on the stronghold has come to a close.

You say that You are sure it will be fine.

Seraphine: I'll trust your judgement there then... Let's go on and see the rest of the team.

You walk into the cardinals' room as Seraphine falls silent.

Raithius: Hey there, Professor. We're ready to head out.

Wolfgang: We're not even hanging around here for a briefing beforehand.

Cedric: The strategy is just going to be to attack... They won't be able to hide in there defensively.

Jill: The space was not built to be used in a standoff, so that certainly works in our favor...

Sofia: I'm not complaining in the slightest, and I don't think that any of you should be either.

William: I suppose that all we can really do at this point is march in there and see what's waiting for us.

Lev: I'm hoping that it ends well, but I guess we won't know until it actually happens...

Adeline: Let's focus on the mission for the time being. The outcome will only arrive faster if we take care of the ones behind this.

Novalee: I agree. Golden Deer, let's march.

You move to the front gates of the monastery as Seraphine speaks once again.

Seraphine: They're getting right down to business, huh? I can't say that I'm surprised... We've really come to be a strong group of fighters over time, and if anyone knows how to take out a stronghold, it's got to be us. I hope that we're able to find out something new after the fight though...

You say that You hope for the same.

Seraphine: All this talk about the true leader of the Alliance is still bothering me... I don't know what it means, and judging by the fact that nobody else has brought it up, they aren't aware either.

You say that You will just have to figure out by actions rather than words.

Seraphine: Solid point... Now, let's get going.

The journey to the stronghold in Leicester seems to drag on due to your anticipation, but You and the rest of the Golden Deer do eventually arrive at the specified location.

Raithius: Well, here we are... It's good to see that the place is ready to be attacked.

Cedric: I agree... Let's get ready to strike. We don't have a moment to lose.

Jill: The gates are wide open, and I doubt that they're going to be able to close themselves in before we make the first move.

Adeline: From there, we can storm right into the building and figure out whatever they're hiding in there.

Lev: I can only imagine that it's something important, but I can't say that I have any ideas on what it is.

William: I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough. For now, I think I'm more than ready for this.