Chapter 99

*Alex's POV*

"AC what's up man?" Austins voice said to me over the phone.

"Austin we have a problem!" I exclaim pacing back and fourth.

"What's the problem?" He ask

"I lost the rings." I say quietly.

"You lost the what?" He ask not hearing me the first time.

"I lost the rings." I say again. I hear a choking from the other side.

"YOU WHAT?" He yells.

"The wedding is in 2 days and I can't find them! They're missing!"

"Dude, Maria will kill you if she finds out." He tells me.

"I know and you need to help me find them." A door opens and I turn to see its Maria walking into our room.

"Hey babe." I say nervously. She comes over to hug me.

"How was work?" I stutter.

"It was good. What did you lose and someone needs to help you find them?" She ask looking up at me.

"My uh earrings. Remember those black ones from like years ago? They were my favorite pair and Austins gonna help me look for them." I lie.

"Alrightt.. well I'm gonna go start packing a bag for tomorrow. Who's keeping Peter for the night? You or me?" She ask pulling away from the hug.

"I'll keep him, I don't want him keeping you up all night." I assure her.

"You're the best." She leans up to kiss me.

"You are, but thanks though." I smile at her. She goes to start packing the bag and I walk out of the room remembering I'm still on the phone with Austin.

"So what are we gonna do?" I ask once I'm in the kitchen.

"What time is she leaving tomorrow?" He ask me

"Shes actually staying at your place tonight and then her and Emily leave tomorrow morning."

"Emily never told me that. Alright I'm leaving for the night. I'll come by when Maria comes over, we look for the ring tonight and part of tomorrow and if we can't find it, we buy new ones." He tells me the plan.

"I don't have the money to pay for 2 brand new rings! Especially the ones I had, they were expensive. I saved up for almost 2 years to buy those!" I exclaim.

"I'll pay." He stops me.

"Austin I can't let you do that."

"Listen we been brothers for years now. I can't let this fall apart. Don't worry about it, if we can't find it tomorrow, we go to Macy's, pick out the rings you gotten before and I'll pay for it. Alright?" I sigh

"Are you sure?" I ask

"Positive." He says confidently

"I owe you one dude."

"Nah, you always had my back. Don't try paying me back, I won't take it."

"Thank you so much." I thank him.

"Alex I'm leaving!" I hear Maria's voice.

"I'll text you in a few minutes." He says okay hanging up and I walk out of the kitchen.

"Do you have everything?" I ask walking over to her.

"Yeah." We stare at each other for a minute before I wrap my arms around her.

"It's gonna be hard falling asleep the next few days without you." I mumble into her neck.

"I know, I'm gonna miss you and Peter. You better take care of him." She giggles.