Chapter 16

*Alex's POV*

Tonight's the night of me and Maria's date. I'm picking her up at 7. I'm taking her to the beach. We're going to eat a picnic on the sand then were going to walk along the water and I'm going to ask her out there. Don't tell anyone, but I talked to Emily and she told me Maria likes me and I should ask her out. So I am tonight. I'm going to make it official. It's 6:55 and I'm going to leave to pick up Maria now. I get that at 6:59 and at exactly 7:00 I ring the doorbell. Emily opens the door and she brings Maria out. Maria looked amazing like always. I ask her if she's ready and she is so I take her hand and bring her to my car. I open the door for her and she gets in and then I walk over to the drivers side and I get in. I put my seatbelt on and start the car.

"So where are we going?" Maria ask

"It's a surprise." I tell her

"Ugh Alex! Give me a hint please!" She tells me

"Okay the hint is that it's at the beach. That's the most I will tell you" I say

We get to the beach after 20 minutes of driving. I get out and open the door for Maria. She gets out and I take her hand and we walk to the picnic I have set up.

"Omg Alex! This is amazing!" She says as we get to the picnic.

"You really think so?" I ask her

"No, I know so. Thank you so much Alex. No guy has ever done this for me" she tells me

We sit down and we start eating dinner, which is spaghetti. When we done we just sit on the towel and we look at the stars in the sky.

"Beautiful night isn't it?" Maria ask

"Beautiful just like you" I say as I look at her and she's looking at me blushing.

"Come on, lets go" I say as I stand up and go to grab her hand

"Where are we going?" She asked

"We're gonna go walk by the water." I say

We walk by the water just holding hands when I stopped walking. I turn to face Maria and I start to speak.

"Maria listen you mean a lot to me. I fell for you so hard. The moment I saw you, I wanted to get to know you and I knew we were meant to be. I like you so much and I hope you feel the same. The question I have for you is will you be my girlfriend?" I say

"Yes Alex, I would love to be your girlfriend!" She says

I smile real big and I put my arms around her waist and she puts her arms around my neck and I lean down to kiss her. Her lips meet mine and were just standing by the water kissing. Her lips fit perfectly on mine and I feel sparks, fireworks, bombs, everything! After 5 minutes we pull away.

"Come on beautiful, I gotta get you home or else Emily's gonna kill me" I say as we pull away and as I grab her hand and intertwin my fingers with hers. We walk to the car and I drive her back to her house. We pull up to her house and I open the door for her.

"Thank you handsome" she says as she steps out

"Anything for you gorgeous!" I say as I kiss her hand and walk her to the door

"Thank you again Alex, for this amazing date. I had an amazing time." She says

"Your welcome, anything for you." I say

"Well it's getting late I better go inside" she says

"Okay ill text you either later or tomorrow" I say

"Okay" she says and I lean in to kiss her for the last time tonight. We pull away and she goes inside and I go back to my car and drive home. What an amazing night.