Chapter 8

*Maria's POV*

We get out of the car and walk inside. The lady asked how many people and I said two. She leads us to a table and we both sit down. The waiter comes by and says her name is Jessica and hands us menus and Alex and I start looking for what we want.

"So do you know what you want?" Alex ask's me

"I'm probably going to get a salad. What about you what are you getting?" I ask

"I'm probably going to get pasta" he replies

We close the menus and wait for the waiter to come back. It was an awkward silence so I decide to break it.

"So let's get to know each other." I say

"Okay how about I ask you a question, you answer it then I will and then you ask me a question and so on." He says

"Okay" I say

"Okay when's your birthday?"

"September 20th" I say

"July 11th" he says

"What's your favorite color?" I ask

"Red" he says

"Me too!" I say

"Favorite sport?" he ask

"Basketball" I reply

"Really? Mine is too." He says

"Wow we have a lot in common!" I say

"Yeah we do" he says

The waiter comes back over and we tell her what we want and then she leaves and then me and Alex talk about school starting soon.

*Emily's POV*

Me and Austin got pizza for lunch then we went bowling. It was so much fun. He is really nice and so funny. We learned a lot about each other and found out we have stuff in common. I also found out that he loves to sing. He told me how his dad died when he was 16 months and how that it is just him and his mom. I told him that both of my parents died when I was 5 and that I lived in an orphanage and finally got adopted just a few months ago. Then he asked how me and Maria met and I told him we met in the orphanage. I also told him that both of her parents died when she was 5 also. I also told him the promise me and Maria made to each other. He looked really upset when I told him that me or Maria didn't have our real parents. After our game of bowling he drove me back home. He walked me up to the front door.

"Thanks Austin . I had a lot of fun." I say to him

"Anytime and I had fun too. Maybe we can hang out again. Maybe next time it can be you, me, Alex, and Maria" He says

'Yeah that would be fun." I say

"Well I will text you later" he says

"Okay bye" I say

"Bye Emily" he says then we hug goodbye and I walk inside.

Maria still wasn't home so I went upstairs in my room and changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top and grabbed the basketball and went outside to shoot some basketball hoops. After about an hour I go back inside and shower and throw on a pair of shorts and a tank top. I was so bored and Maria still wasn't home so I just started listening to music until Maria came home.